Chimera Labs Inter Connects

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
I was down at the warehouse to check a bunch of 6922s yesterday and Dennis was telling me that his largest market for interconnects was Australia. He also told me that basically the only complaints were that the pricing was so low that there was a credibility issue.
While I find it funny that there are actually complaints about the price being so low that customers get embarrassed to tell their friends the price, it actually shows what a great deal these ICs are.
The fact that you can by the componants for DIY at even less money makes it even more so.
I love the pair I made and plan on making more in the future. It is hard to describe how they sound other than the fact that they sound like they are not there.
Make your own and compare them with the best high priced ICs you can audition and get a laugh at how much you saved.
I get nothing for this and believe me they are of exceptional quality. Even buying the ones Dennis makes will not break the bank.
<www.chimeralabs.com>

I sampled the Advantage I's back in 2001 and found them the best interconnects of the 17 cables I auditioned over the span of three months. They had, or allowed, something the others didn't. I think it was the way it potrayed the air surrounding images and the way sounds would ebb and recede into a very black sound space.

I was about to pull the trigger on a pair but didn't. My friend still has his pair. I recently tried Steve Hoffman's "Grover" interconnects and may purchase those. The best cables I've heard were the "Ebony" Omega Micro's with outboard battery pak. More refined and detailed than the "Grover" but hideously expensive! Dennis's cables are very fine. Recommended.

MikE

MikE,
There have been 1 or 2 very minor refinements done in the making of these since you auditioned the ones you tried. Same wire, plugs and solder though. I think the taking the gold off to solder copper to copper and the carefull cleaning and sealing of the solder joints are about the only changes. Just a couple of added details in the building of a simple quality product.

Back
Top Bottom