Choice of 2 sets of speakers which is better

Klipschnitz

Have a question for roughly the same money $50 and $60.
Which is the better speakers.
The Advent loudspeakers
Or a set of Energy esm2?
The advents have been refoamed and the energy are excellent.
Based on sound quality which would you go with?

Which speaker is better is such a personal preference depending on your musical taste, room size, equipment etc. If possible, you should try to listen to both. That being said, while I have no experience with the Energy speakers, most Advent speakers I have listen to have been very enjoyable speakers. If they are really "The Advent" speakers (with the fried egg tweeters and 10" woofers), then $50 is a fairly good price for a refoamed pair (assuming the rest of the speaker is in acceptable shape).

Have not owned Energy but they look really nice just from pics on the web - nicely built and much newer, so probably excellent quality drivers and caps. Now I love vintage, don't get me wrong. The Advents are a nice speaker. If they have not had their caps changed out they probably need that though.

Right sometimes its just a matter of moron support!!
I think I'm looking for better bass as I now have pioneer speakers and would like a little more bass in set #2.
So for that I was thinking the Advents, but as stated the energy are newer.
Thanks for the input glad I'm on here!

I have some Energy bookshelves and the bass from them is really surprisingly good. That said also consider placement - most Energies are ported so it's much worse to shove them tight to a wall than it would be an acoustic suspension speaker.

Buy them both, listen to them, enjoy them and then sell them when the next pair comes along.....

Yeah, for the minimal money you'd have to invest I'd get both pair, audition, and keep the ones you like the best.

Oddly even though they were made by the gazillions, I've never really owned "the Advent" speaker. i do have a pair of Energy ESM-2 ( well, on loan to my dad now) and they're really really nice !

Back
Top Bottom