Christian Music Playlist

@Ethan25 posted some 2nd Chapter of Acts in the WAYLTRN thread quite aways back (page 997 :idea:), so this spin is for him. Haven't seen him around these parts lately.

FC1A1586.JPG

the 2nd Chapter of Acts
Mansion Builder
1978 - Sparrow Records

Since we seem to have experts on just about everything here I figured I'd ask around. I like pretty much all types of music and that includes Christian although I don't really think it's a musical style, more of a flavor to other styles.

Anyway, I don't care all that much for the mainstream, mushy stuff that you hear on CCM radio stations. I love more off-the-wall stuff like Christian ska, reggae, and other out-of-the-ordinary. I like the OC Supertones (ska), Stellar Kart and Run Kid Run (kind of post punkish) and Imisi (reggae) quite a bit. I've tried Five Iron Frenzy and they didn't really do it for me. I also have on order a CD called Swing Praise which sounded pretty cool from the previews I heard. I also dig old hymns redone and juiced up. Randy Travis has some jazzed up country versions of some classics that are very cool.

So....anyone out there have any suggestions along these lines?

Thanks,
Ray

This band named skillet is a Christian hard rock band some of their stuff is quite good especially the new albums with the new drummer.

And then there's Danny gokey this guy's material is quite stellar.. definitely not hard rock but also NOT bubble gum soft sappy sweet worn out old mainstream Christian music. ..

And there's many others..

Not really my style.. but I have a nephew that's 47 years old and he's really into this ever since he was a teenager..
I like extreme hard metal but not so much the speed metal or death metal

Although George Harrison was influenced more by Eastern traditions than Western, I have to say that All Things Must Pass often sounds to me like a vaguely Christian album, certainly a spiritual one.

That's about as Christian as I get in my music.

Moderation Note:

This thread has been cleaned up from attempts to derail.

This thread was started by RayW, an AK SuperMod, back in 2007, and is about Christian music that is available, not about religious doctrine, or anti-religious doctrine. Seeking to derail this thread will result in dissuasive measures. If the topic, or music, of this thread is not your cup of tea, simply move on. Those who wish to argue in favor of Christian doctrine can also move on, unless you want to simply recommend some nice music.

Again, music only people.

Rich P

Last edited:
P8079830.jpg

REQUIEM
Music for Philip II: Missa pro Defunctis (1544)
Cristóbal de Morales
Gabrieli Consort
Paul McCreesh - director

Archiv

Back
Top Bottom