Illegitimi non carborundum

2018 Christmas Dinner

Stuffed pork loin with maple bacon, cranberries, apples, goat cheese, herbs

Roasted brussels sprouts, pecans, rosemary compound butter

Sweet mashed potatoes

Banana Bread

Apple Pie

Sounds perfect.
We do Christmas eve here. Salmon, duck, Italian beef, roasted chicken stew, eggplant parmigiana, lasagna, and a bunch of sides, appetizers and deserts. House will be as stuffed as the guests.
Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing.

My menu for tomorrow:
* 5 bone choice standing rib roast roasted to medium rare
* Homemade mashed potatoes with brown gravy from pan drippings
* Green beans skillet seared & softened with butter, garlic salt and fresh cracked black pepper
* Oven browned yam slices
* Butter rolls

And two bottles of red wine:
* Bordeaux (Haut Medoc) I've been laying down for several years
* Napa Cabernet Sauvignon

My family has a Christmas tradition that's been going on for longer than I'v been alive. My mom's side of the family gets together Christmas Eve for gift exchange and our traditional Crab Cioppino dinner. It's also pretty common around San Francisco because of the Dungeness crab season is going on. Being Italian ours is a bit different, we make a plain spaghetti sauce and then last 20 minutes we put cracked crab, prawns and salad shrimp in to cook. This has been going on since my grand parents first got together and raised their kids. For it to taste it's best you have to get live crab, other wise they boil all the flavor out of it when they kill them in the stores.

Live Crab
IMG_1338.jpg IMG_1339.jpg

Dead Crab, but it was only in the hot water for about 90 seconds so it's not cooked

IMG_1342.jpg

Cleaned crab

IMG_1343.jpg

Crab all cut up and cracked

IMG_1398.jpg IMG_1399.jpg

Christmas Eve dinner is at my sisters house this year and I'll bring the prepared crab in that big pot. 20 minutes before dinner I'll pour her sauce thats been simmering all day into the pot and bring up the heat. Oh and this is Spaghetti the sauce is for, kinda a messy dinner cracking the crab by hand with sauce on it.

We always have Anti-Pasta plates, Fugazza, Green Salad with more shrimp in it, Bread Rolls, and some kind of vegetable that I never get around to

Sounds perfect.
We do Christmas eve here. Salmon, duck, Italian beef, roasted chicken stew, eggplant parmigiana, lasagna, and a bunch of sides, appetizers and deserts. House will be as stuffed as the guests.
Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas! You're din din sounds amazing.

Turkey, stuffing,mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls. No need for anything more. Except maybe booze.

Nothing wrong with the classics. Cheers!

My menu for tomorrow:
* 5 bone choice standing rib roast roasted to medium rare
* Homemade mashed potatoes with brown gravy from pan drippings
* Green beans skillet seared & softened with butter, garlic salt and fresh cracked black pepper
* Oven browned yam slices
* Butter rolls

And two bottles of red wine:
* Bordeaux (Haut Medoc) I've been laying down for several years
* Napa Cabernet Sauvignon

What time should I be over? That rib roast sounds insane. Merry Christmas!

Ordered ours boxed from Publix...a Florida supermarket ....so we can have s picnic on the beach

Very nice. Ain't nothing wrong with having some dinner beach side. Merry Christmas!

My family has a Christmas tradition that's been going on for longer than I'v been alive. My mom's side of the family gets together Christmas Eve for gift exchange and our traditional Crab Cioppino dinner. It's also pretty common around San Francisco because of the Dungeness crab season is going on. Being Italian ours is a bit different, we make a plain spaghetti sauce and then last 20 minutes we put cracked crab, prawns and salad shrimp in to cook. This has been going on since my grand parents first got together and raised their kids. For it to taste it's best you have to get live crab, other wise they boil all the flavor out of it when they kill them in the stores.

Live Crab
View attachment 1365901 View attachment 1365903

Dead Crab, but it was only in the hot water for about 90 seconds so it's not cooked

View attachment 1365905

Cleaned crab

View attachment 1365906

Crab all cut up and cracked

View attachment 1365911 View attachment 1365912

Christmas Eve dinner is at my sisters house this year and I'll bring the prepared crab in that big pot. 20 minutes before dinner I'll pour her sauce thats been simmering all day into the pot and bring up the heat. Oh and this is Spaghetti the sauce is for, kinda a messy dinner cracking the crab by hand with sauce on it.

We always have Anti-Pasta plates, Fugazza, Green Salad with more shrimp in it, Bread Rolls, and some kind of vegetable that I never get around to

I tell ya...I havent Cioppino in ages. Amazing dish. Last time I had it was in Melrose MA at my mothers best friends Italian joint. Merry Christmas!

Cioppino here also, homemade of course. Roasted Brussel sprouts, Big rich chocolate pudding made by yours truly and our fair share of cocktails. Banana bread already gone.

Tenderloin of venison (pan seared and then oven roasted w/stewed tomatoes, dry sherry, caramelized red onions and root vegetables), and Canada goose (pan seared and then oven roasted, finished with a Grand Marnier/blood orange/fresh raspberry reduction) as entrees. Oven roasted muti-color fingerling potatoes (finished with browned butter, sage, shallots, and shitake mushrooms), brussel sprouts sauteed with applewood smoked peppered bacon, and blanched fresh asparagus sauteed with garlic, olive oil, white wine, and lemon juice. If I have time, I may mess around and do some saffron risotto (probably will) as an alternate starch.

Wild Turkey (101 proof) straight out of the bottle while cooking!

Dessert will be from the 60+ dozen cookies that I have been baking (over 15 varieties), and Polish Nut Rolls.

Venison and goose are courtesy of my "back 40" up North--I shot 'em, so now I'll eat 'em :thumbsup:

Hey
2:00PM my neighbors invited me over. So what ever they are cooking. I'm bringing a corn casserole. They're good folks. They didn't want me setting at home alone on Christmas. I didn't tell them I have a ham, Cole slaw, potatoes for mashing, moms home grown green beans, and the corn casserole. Oh well, I'll get fed and have a great time. Eric

A 15lb Rib Roast, 3 pounds of Brussel Sprouts sauteed with Pancetta & then baked with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. 3 pounds of roasted carrots, and 5 lbs of duck fat roasted smashed red potatoes. The wife made a cheesecake (A+) and a Tiramisu cake from Costco, 5 bottles of champagne and some Santa Ema Cabernet from Chile. I am freaking exhausted, thank heaven for leftovers.

Deep fried Cornish hens with sausage stuffing and Brussels Sprouts sauteed with shallots and bacon with Canadian Butter tarts for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom