Chrome Cast Audio on sale

I have a CCA, mobile fidelity dac, with external 12v power supply for sale if anybody is interested in seeing how awesome the CCA is with a quality external dac.
I was floored when I listened to the difference streaming tidal vs the internal cca dac.
Only reason I'm not using it is I don't subscribe to anything the cca streams anymore and my fire tv amazon music sounds almost as good.

Happy CCA user here. It's on a kitchen system (an older JVC mini system), and it's plenty good for the $25 I spent. If I had it hooked to my main system, I would be using it through the Oppo's DAC. (Instead, I have a first gen Chromecast hooked to an HDMI input on the Oppo, which has worked out to be a perfect way to add audio content to the system with almost no fuss.)

When I upgrade to the Modwright-modded Sonica DAC, I will have to get another CCA, as the Sonica DAC does not have an HDMI input.

Just an update, I was grudgingly using the CCA but started to lose the sound's "completeness" like it was closing off the spectrum from both directions over a couple of weeks time. Then suddenly it developed a hum. Shortly after it was only producing some crunchy super low signal junk.
I suspect that I had a faulty unit and it just died.

Just an update, I was grudgingly using the CCA but started to lose the sound's "completeness" like it was closing off the spectrum from both directions over a couple of weeks time. Then suddenly it developed a hum. Shortly after it was only producing some crunchy super low signal junk.
I suspect that I had a faulty unit and it just died.

If you got it at BB take it back and if you complain enough they'll likely replace it.

I am now considering building a dedicated source unit. Otherwise I might. I just wanted to be fair and state that my experiences were probably out of the normal parameters.

To get the most from a CCA it helps to have the highest speed internet and a good router. Once the music starts streaming I've never experienced any lag.

Back
Top Bottom