Chromecast Audio - Tell us you success stories

My Chromecast Audio would drop out randomly and the sound quality seemed a little below the line that would keep me listening. I have since relegated it to the spares drawer.

I've had CCA's for awhile, and in the past had dropout issues, even bought the Google ethernet adaptor to try and improve things. As a result I disconnected the one on my main system last year and chucked it into the drawer.

Made some changes in my system, replacing my Squeezebox Touch with an Echo Dot. I also recently bought a new router (Linksys Velop) and on a whim took the CCA out of the drawer and hooked it up along with the Logitech Media Server add-in to recognize it as a Squeeze-family player. SInce then it has replaced the Echo in my system and has not missed a beat, I haven't had a single connection issue or dropout. As a bonus, the sound quality overall is better than the Echo Dot.

Howard, can it stream Spotify, Tidal and such?

:beerchug:
It can stream Spotify for sure..including the Free version! I don't know about Tidal. I went premium to test the supposed sound quality improvement. To my ears, premium does sound better but not a lot better. Free sounds pretty good to me.

Back
Top Bottom