Circuit Diagram

dlbraly

Looking for a simple free circuit drawing program.

Ive seen a few, but wanted to see if anyone has any comments.
Any sugestions?

I use ExpressSHC. It is a free downlaod, and they will even make the circuit board for you, at a cost.

An example of my work:

ScreenHunter_124_Dec_15_16_27.jpg

https://www.expresspcb.com/expresssch/

ExpressSHC looks cool
Doesn't look like ExpressSHC will work on a Mac. Im not interested in running VMs on my laptop.

Doesn't look like ExpressSHC will work on a Mac. Im not interested in running VMs on my laptop.
I run VMs on my Mac laptop, both Linux & Windows, and they're fine. Might not be as bad as you think, unless you're short on space or it's a slow laptop (e.g., Macbook Air rather than Pro.)

Not to sound pretentious, my day job I work on VMs and portals.
Im not saying I know everything about them.

I used to run a linux OS (its still around somewhere), and it would run the apps seamlessly through VMs "Like" Citrix Portal apps.
That was pretty cool.

My personal computer is an old MacBook Pro. I try not to load a lot of apps on it. Having said that Im trying to get a circuit software on it, kind of funny.

I work on computers all the time at work. I just don't want to work on them when Im off work. Something else to tinker with. I have a lot of hobbies.
There should be an application made for MacOS that I can use, instead of fooling around with VMs.
Looks like LTSpice will run on a Mac.

Besides this form is so vast, it will take for ever to read all this good info.

Looks like LTSpice will run on a Mac.
It will, but unless Linear Technology have updated it since the last time I used the Mac version (earlier this summer), the Mac version was considerably behind the Windows releases. I found it to be very buggy, too.

I use the Windows version under VMWare Fusion + Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro, and on my Mac Pro.

Last edited:
I do not know what your application is.
For simple simulations then LTspice is one to look at.
For design to PCB layout then I would recommend you like at KiCAD.
It is open source, has a large following, and support.
And it has Mac versions.
I have not used it in about a year or two, so I do not know the latest rev's.

http://kicad-pcb.org/about/kicad/

Back
Top Bottom