City System For City Living...

saggy

These go to 11
Well, when you live in a small Brooklyn apartment with a wife and 3 kids, this is about all you get. I'm so very jealous of you guys and gals in the burbs with listening rooms.

Rogue Sphinx v2 |
SOTA Sapphire / Technics SL-1700 |
Squeezebox Touch |
Onkyo C-7030 |
Klipsch KF-26 / Rogers LS4a |
Legos everywhere

Attachments

• IMG_5690.JPG
    IMG_5690.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_5691.JPG
    IMG_5691.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_5687.JPG
    IMG_5687.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 345
I live in a small space as well . The way you design a system for small space is a challenge but can be done
with the right choices in components . I remember stepping on Lego not pleasant experience .

Small can be done, just don't overdo it with components and speakers.

Yeah, I usually just have my bookshelf speakers but I haven't been able to move the Klipsch to our family house upstate yet.

I try to keep it condensed - in fact I considered a few times quitting vinyl altogether but I just enjoy it too much.

If anyone has a schematic for a killer NYC setup I'm all ears (and eyes)!!

Yeah, I usually just have my bookshelf speakers but I haven't been able to move the Klipsch to our family house upstate yet.

I try to keep it condensed - in fact I considered a few times quitting vinyl altogether but I just enjoy it too much.

:wtf:Quit vinyl....

Yeah, the media takes up a lot of space for sure. Vinyl and even CD's mostly just sit and use otherwise valuable space. If I was limited I too would strongly consider getting rid of or storing away media collections etc in favor of a great DAC and streaming or a hard drive with Flack files of what I had.

saggy: As far as your system is concerned, I like the rack you're using for your components, the lack of visible wires/cables, and the oh-so-subtle ~three degrees of toe-in on the Klipsch's. (You didn't think anyone would notice, did you?)

Fellow Brooklynite with the same spatial restrictions for a hobby that requires some actual space. Currently a crib occupies the listening 'sweet spot' in my listening room.

Legos have yet to make the scene in our house but as a lifelong enthusiast I can't believe the variety of the kits nowadays.

It's amazing what 17 months can do to your space/system. I dont have one single thing from that original picture. But I'm totally happy now. I need for nothing.

Integrated:
Unison Research Triode 25
DAC:
Mytek Brooklyn
Streamer:
Bluesound Node 2
Turntable:
Technics SL-1200 MKII (Ortofon 2M Blue)
CD Player:
Sony whatever
Speakers:
Zu Omen Dirty Weekend w Clarity Cap upgrade
Monitor Audio Gold 50

Attachments

• IMG_2175.jpeg
    IMG_2175.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 111
Having kids probably is one of the main reasons for my switchover to CDs back in the 80s. It was virtually impossible to actually listen to a record in my house when there were kids around (all of the time). I am pretty sure that they got a kick out of my frustration with them making my records skip and would try there darndest to stomp through the room and see my red face! I finally gave up and just gave up on records to keep from going nuts (or murdering a child :))

If you position the Legos correctly, they could help with room reflection issues... just saying! ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom