Classic High-End Gear

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by Negotiableterms, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Nemo bit

Nemo bit Active Member

20180511_052601(0).jpg
    New addition found it Seattle CL. Had to drive +ferry to Bremerton and it was sure worth it !
    It cosmetics are 10
    Innards are clean enough for a formal dinner gathering and exterior is flawless. I admired these in the mid 70s and had several friends whom went that and speaker lab builds most did the super 7s
    It's funny as I have a set myself and will rotate them in and see how they match. It has a very rich full sound. I am a happy man. The house next door? Remains to be seen.....

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Wally1955, Mark B, sKiZo and 2 others like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

Proof positive, good things come to those who wait ...

3. Nemo bit

Nemo bit Active Member

That is so true a great deal of the iconic pieces were far out of reach and many times still are.
    I still have managed to be in the right place at the right time to finally own many of those very same.
    Its been quite bit of wait time but honestly I think I appreciate them more now than had I had them back then.
    With the change from analog to digital I probably would have forsaken the really good in search of the new improved latest greatest gear that was promised.
    I really never saw that happen and perhaps I missed something but there is something to being an active part of setting up and getting up out of your chair to turn a record or turn up the volume for that tune that is a bit special.
    I have a remote for a surround setup. Its usually in the hands of my wife if she hapoens to be home.
    I leave it off as TV is not of interest other than a bit of news.
    I think I was born analog. I am ok with that.
    Thanks for the notice! I am a staunch believer in good things come.
    My Brother says I have the patience of Job.
    I'm not so sure of that.
    Cheers!

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  4. Bobby_Would

Bobby_Would New Member

I am new to AK and can't seem to figure out how to begin a new thread for a question that I have. I guess I'll ask the question here and see what happens. I have a Yamaha CR-420 that had some burnt out dial lamps. I ordered a new set on ebay, but the replacement lamps do not work either. This tells me that the problem is not the lamps (obviously). Without a set of schematics, can anyone tell me where the potential problem lies?

5. Nemo bit

Nemo bit Active Member

:bye:
    First off have you read the first posts on the home page that give insite as to how to first do the intro. I am rather new to the forum but if you search a bit it will give a direction and both how to start and post which it looks as if you have done that here. I would do a search first to brand specific = yamaha and than go to the top of the appropriate thread and there should be an option to post ne thread and simply post your question. I have had good response doing so. I only wish I could be of more help but I still flail more often than not! Good luck and rest assured the solution will come to you very quickly and you'll be up and running before you know it!

6. Nemo bit

Nemo bit Active Member

Also did you do a search for the schematics you needed. Lots of times they have them available on site just do search and if they have them available which many times they do you will have them also! good luck.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Nemo bit

Nemo bit Active Member

:needpics:
    Ok here is a bit more... I picked a pair of the first series Klipsch Cornwall lls up! 1968ish
    Vintage special order in dark Walnut and upgraded grills a rare pair it seems. I have had the big boys (klipschorns when a young man) and as I seem to have far to much time to reminisce..The hunt began ( that's a whole different story and for another day) I got these home only to find if left alone with any other klipsch upon my return they grew larger!
    I have a rather large listening room but suddenly it was smaller. So New meaning when I mention rotation where in the past I simply went to a different wall to run which system was in rotation I needed to make choices that included some sacrifices. I set up with big power and soon remembered 1 watt friends 10 watts the neighborhood statement that still rings true 45 years later.
    I wound up using my 2238b and seem to remember bringing them home on the Tuesday after memorial day weekend and have been in audience pretty much since Setting up. I will sleep sometime I am sure. Have I done so this week? I think so but not much. I am busy with my recurring 2nd child hood. Unlike cats I am lucky there seems to be no final # as to limit one may experience!
    I know this...:needpics:

Attached Files:

Audioraven likes this.
  8. KentTeffeteller

KentTeffeteller Gimpus Stereophilus!

Marantz 10B is not for many here a useful tuner in real world reception conditions. It is superb sound quality wise. SCA and HD carrier rejection blows, takes too much signal strength for acceptable Stereo to be usable in anything but urban reception, not selective enough either. The one in my office does find the birdies. McIntosh MR 67 and MR 71 better, McIntosh MR 74 better yet, MR 78 works best yet in any kind of adjacent channel reception environment. In 1964 East Tennessee FM reception conditions, it was SOTA. I have a lot of the dial in my area with adjacent stations. Or second adjacent stations.

onemug likes this.