Dynavector Ruby Cart
Signet TK7E Cart
Accuphase: T-100 and101 tuners
Accuphase; C -200 Pre Amp
Accuphase: P 300 Amp

Cheers
Hermit

Last edited:
If you look at system pics there are a high percentage that has the heavy heat producing amp on the bottom. I don't think folks know to let the amp breath.
Not only that, but why on earth would you place a (presumably) low noise phono preamp atop an EMI rich power amp transformer?

Granted quad is an acquired taste, but ... hail to the king! The Sansui QRX-9001 was top of the line and state of the art in quadraphonic development, and certainly more that capable of satisfying most any power hungry afficianados as well ... 2X mode can tickle 200wpc.

Also a purty lil thang ...

completed2.jpg

I figure I put a good hundred hours into the restoration over the span of several months ... and don't regret a minute of it!
That's a beauty!

Sony ST-5000f - early solid-state FM tuner on the US market and still one of the best sounding tuners you can buy.

I'd add the Sony SCD-1 player for SACD discs.
st-5000-front.jpg a scd-1.jpg

The way I understand this, my Klipschorns should qualify as they were at one time considered high-end, top-performing speakers, though have largely fallen out of favor over time among high-end aficionados. On the other hand, an ST-70 - undeniably classic - was never considered a top performer, but an affordable option to McIntosh and others. I have no problem with any of that, and look forward to reading more about top performers. It seems many want to think that whatever they own qualifies, and feel slighted if not. The simple fact that I know an Audio Research SP-8 sounds better than my Emotiva XSP-1.2 does not invalidate my purchase decision, nor detract from my enjoyment of the system. I also enjoy reading about cars and watches I can't afford.

Last edited:
Bothroyd Stuart Meridian 105
Oracle Delphi(actually called the Alexandria in it's first iteration)
Kef 105
Bedini 100/100, 250/250, 150, 25/25
Acoustat TNT200/120
GAS500 Ampzilla
Son of Ampzilla
LSR&D Leach Superamp model 102 monos/model 101 stereo
Fisher SA-100
Heathkit AA-1800
Heathkit W-5M
Futterman H3
Altec 9440A (P.A. but truly high end)
HK Citation XX
Acoustat Monitor 3/dd servo OTLs

Especially the Monitor 3 and Citation XX

Last edited:
Why are cramming all this crap into one thread? don't each of the Vintage Gear - Top Performers deserve their very own thread and discussion? I believe this thread and that other one where folks just list if you got em are a complete disservice to this forum in that there is no discussion of the items. If we wanted a list, open and orion blue book. Just trying to get this forum on the right track. Discussion of separate electronics to take that next step up on overall sound quality. A thread in Marantz, 2385 or the preamp, poweramp and tuner...the separates blew the receiver out of the water based on those that have had them.

I understand this thread is a bit different and the reason for the lists but we should get some discussions going.

I understand this thread is a bit different and the reason for the lists but we should get some discussions going.

I pretty much agree, I'v been meaning on starting some threads, and now that I'm finally off a week from work will.
Have a McIntosh C100 Preamp Flagship notably I want to post info about.

Maybe one on the MC2300, the thing is though some of this can be redundant for me because it's also talked about in the specific sub forum.

1st no receivers, then no lists. It might be time to shut an over moderated forum down. It's long overdue.

Comments on moderation in the open forums are not allowed, and the list comment is by another member who has the right to voice his opinion, not a moderator. If you don't like what is going on in this forum please stay away, it is not getting shut down. Next comment on moderation in the open forums will have consequences.
Shaking my head,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom