Classic Rock and Prog magazine have ceased publication

zebra03

All Audio - NO BS
I subscribed to both of those magazines . They were full of great articles , pictures and a free CD too . What a shame .

Direct from their TeamRock website

ADMINISTRATORS APPOINTED – TEAM ROCK LIMITED - 19 DECEMBER 2016
Thomas Campbell MacLennan, Alexander Iain Fraser and Jason Daniel Baker of FRP Advisory LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators of Team Rock Limited (“the Company”) on 19 December 2016. The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators, who act as agents of the Company and without personal liability. The Company is being managed on a care and maintenance basis only whilst a buyer for the assets is sought. Accordingly, the TeamRock website will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. The administrators are assessing the position regarding publication of magazines. If you are a subscriber to the Company’s publications the administrators can be contacted via email at teamrock.subscribers@frpadvisory.com

What RumiSta said. What did Egon say on Ghostbusters 30 years ago??

"Print is Dead."

Sad.

They were premium publications with great pictures and articles . The free CD's were a great source of new music .

Social media has made hard copy publishing very difficult. Coming out on a monthly or even a weekly basis simply can't compete with the continuous flow of information from the Internet, including sites such as this. Additionally, folks expect ideas and opinions to be obtained for free, and for the most part, ideas and free communications are the norm in this age of instant social stimulus via the Internet and APPS. Unfortunately, truth, reliability and accountability always suffer when something is too easy to create and disseminate.

Personally, I enjoy the feel of print in my hands and the knowledge that there is some accountability associated with the responsibility that comes with the written word in print. Unfortunately, the reader commitment required with print media is largely absent today and the prospect of making ends meet is not a likely prospect.

I don't believe print is dying, but it is contracting, getting smaller and heading toward a sustainable floor of existance...

Good listening

Well even if the info was available online , you had to go look for it . It was just nice to have the magazine come to me . I agree with you though . Print will survive , but at a much lower level .

I don't believe print is dying, but it is contracting, getting smaller and heading toward a sustainable floor of existance..

Print will survive , but at a much lower level .

I don't see it. I cannot recall ever seeing any young person with anything in print.

Personally, you could not pay me to read from a paper or magazine. The inconvenience is just too much.

I don't see it. I cannot recall ever seeing any young person with anything in print.

Personally, you could not pay me to read from a paper or magazine. The inconvenience is just too much.

Now that I think about it , neither have I . haha . When I am at the office or in my cave , listening to music , it is nice to have something to read .

One example of a print success is Barnes and Noble. Go there and you will see people of all ages looking at books, magazines and other print media. Of course, CDs, DVDs and iced coffee are also a part of the mix, but I enjoy going there (as well as other book stores) to immerse myself in the aura and the availability of thousands of books and ideas without having to Google them - and the parking lot is generally pretty full with like minded people. I used to really enjoy getting my TAS and Stereophile in the digest form as I could put them in my pocket and take them with me wherever I might go. The pix, the substance and the feel of something real cannot be duplicated by pixels on a monitor written by someone I don't know and may not be who he says he is. Each medium has its strengths as well as weeknesses - so I appreciate both...

Good listening.

Well I'll be doggoned........

Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and Prog rescued as former owner Future steps in
Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and Prog magazines have been rescued by their former owner, Future plc, a profitable and stable media business listed on the London Stock Exchange.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
All three magazines and their associated websites were threatened with closure the week before Christmas when previous owners TeamRock went into administration, with the loss of 73 jobs. The news prompted an online campaign from Orange Goblin frontman Ben Ward who set up a JustGiving page to raise money for affected staff. With a target of £20,000, the campaign reached £78,000 in five days and now stands at £85,000. Support came from across the music business, with Queen, Rush, Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry, Frank Turner and more making donations and pledging support.

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-01-09...-prog-rescued-as-former-owner-future-steps-in

Great and unexpected news .

Back
Top Bottom