Classic Rock Radio FM

"The Thunder" 100.7 is in Chico.:biggrin: 98.5 at leased plays new and old. I miss the old KZAP. :(

Ancient Bob Keller does the "Cafe Rock" at noon weekdays just like he did at KZAP. I turn that off real fast but I like The Eagle. If nothing else is on a little classic rock is fine. Dont know if you are old enough to remember KWOD 106.5. In the 70s they were the "Album Rock " station in town. They played entire sides of albums at a time. Also from the old Sac days was KROY AM rock.

Ancient Bob Keller does the "Cafe Rock" at noon weekdays just like he did at KZAP. I turn that off real fast but I like The Eagle. If nothing else is on a little classic rock is fine. Dont know if you are old enough to remember KWOD 106.5. In the 70s they were the "Album Rock " station in town. They played entire sides of albums at a time. Also from the old Sac days was KROY AM rock.
Yup, I remember. I had a directional FM antenna on a rotor back then. Andy Emert from KZAP wound up at our local KMYC when KZAP switched to country music for awhile. KMYC was owned by a local that kept the station going just to play music he liked. Mostly classical. It was mostly taped. You could drive by and see the tape machine in the window playing away. Just an engineer to keep things going. Once in awhile the tape would foul up and there would be dead air until the engineer woke up. :D I don't even know if the station is still up and running. But Andy was hired and he did the Johny Fever thing raking a needle across a record when he first came on the air. It was pretty much the old school KZAP format. Sadly the owner just couldn't handle it and back to badly taped crap it went. :(

Back
Top Bottom