classic rock tunes your sick of...

Reel 2 Reel

Mad Dog Junkie
there are so many Classic Rock tunes that that are so overplayed on FM radio I cant stand to hear anymore it aint funny.........What are some of yours??? heres some of mine to start....

AC/DC -
Back in Black
Hells Bells
Shook Me All Night Long
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
TNT
Thunderstruck

ALICE COOPER
Schools Out
Under My Wheels
No More Mr Nice guy

ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND
Ramblin' Man
Jessica
Whippin Post
Midnight Rambler
One Way Out

BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE
Let it Ride
You Aint Seen Nuthin' Yet
Roll On Down The Highway

BAD COMPANY
Cant Get enough
Ready for Love
Feel Like Makin' Love
Good Lovin Gone Bad

BLACK SABBATH
Iron Man
Paranoid

OK....its a long List...

LED ZEPPLIN
Black Dog
D'yer Maker
Ramble On
Kashmir
Immigrant Song
Rock and Roll

THE ROLLING STONES
Sympathy For The Devil
satisfaction
Start Me Up
Street Fightin Man
Honky Tonk Woman
Brown Sugar

ERIC CLAPTON
Cocaine
Lay Down Sally
Womderful Tonight
Layla

LYNYRD SKYNYRD
Freebird
Sweet Home Alabama
That Smell
Gimmie Three Steps

ZZ TOP
Gimmie All Your Lovin'
Legs
Cheap Sunglasses
Tush
Sharp Dressed Man
La grange

This is just the tip of the iceberg...there are soooooo many great tunes by these great artists...that you just dont hear ...and the record companies womder 'WHY' internet downloading is runnin rampant.....

Those titles are seldom on the play list on the classis rock FM station I usually play. Darn, I'd like to hear them once in a while.

Too bad you can't get the Fox 101 in KC...that's pretty much their entire playlist.

(BTW, you left out Stairway to Heaven and The Who, Won't Get Fooled Again ...:rolleyes: )

ANYTHING by Bob Seger and nearly any Beatles song that made the top 40 :puke:

Originally posted by EchoWars

(BTW, you left out Stairway to Heaven and The Who, Won't Get Fooled Again ...:rolleyes: )

I only left them out because time and space constraints!!!!(not enough time and too spaced out!!!)......and I needed to leave some tunes for others to post ....;)

The BIG 3 in my book...

BTO - Taking Care Of Business
Tommy James - Mony Mony
Doucette - Mama Let Him Play

:puke:

Here the amount of Led Zepplin, Allman Bros Jessica :puke: and Blue Sky :puke: , and Southern Man have made it so I don't listen
to my classic rock station unless it's a good Rockline (interview
show) or after 9 pm when they don't really play classic rock.
What is it with Southern Man? It's like Neil Young's only song around here. I can't even get interested in opening my sealed
LP of After The Goldrush. I don't play my Led Zepplin's anymore.
OK enough of my rant. :)

My Sharona, the Knack

#1 on my all time hit list.

My Best Friend's Girlfriend, the Cars

seems like everybody else already hit the highlights. oh, wait a minute, Hey, Nineteen, the Dan of Steel (as the local Dallas jocks were fond of saying in the Sebenties)

shrinkboy

These days, I'd have to say about anything from the 70's that's deemed "classic rock". Music from the 60's, 80's, 90's doesn't bother me a bit.

Every one of the vast and varied 47 songs they play on the local Classic Rock station here (most mentioned above).

I never listen to it anymore, I have resorted to talk radio in my car. Music is more of an event now. It's interesting because some of the stuff listed here I find very enjoyable in context of the album it was released on but will turn it off if I hear it on the Radio.

My vision of hell is a constant loop of Free Bird, Stairway to Heaven and Hotel California.

Funny, if you heard one of those tunes on local radio here in Bermuda it would have been a freak accident. Very occasionally a local youngster would come back from college out there in the Big Wide World having heard something other than reggae or bad disco/funk and get a radio spot. They would then play some decent stuff for a few weeks before disappearing again. Then it was back to oldies, calypso, easy listening or the absolute worst of US adult contemporary top 40 of the day on the various AM and FM stations on the island at the time. Kinda like WKRP in Cincinatti before Andy showed up :rolleyes:

So I'm eagerly collecting all of the above music on LP now. It's just too bad that it's been beaten to death in Europe and the US as a lot of it was very popular for very good reason.

That said, if I hear No Woman No Cry one more flippin time I'll scream...

Here they play a particular George Thourogood song over and over. Somebody need a drinking song about a guy can't pay the rent?

A bit Ot, but not much,

Back in my high school/college days I used to work for Arby's and we had an 8 track hooked up in back. My buddy got sick of chasing folks hanging out in backroom back out front so he recorded Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" 17 times on an 8 track and stuck it is as soon as he got to work.

Most folks stayed out front.

"Do da do da doo, do da do do da do da doo"

Stones
Beatles
The Who
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
Allman Brothers
Eagles
Boston
Zeppelin

These artists were actually more than one-(or two or three) hit wonders. But you'd never know it by listening to 'classic rock' stations. I find it interesting that in the 70's there were many stations that played 'album oriented rock', aka 'deep cuts'. We listened to the whole album, or at least the whole side. Not '45s'. But the picture that these clone stations project of that era's rock music is only of the '45s'. SOS!

Commercial free, (but not free - subscription) satellite radio has replaced FM, ya know?

RobV

Local station here has been playing the same crap same playlist for twenty + years enough to make you :puke:

Doors
any song that made the airwaves way over played to the point of death :puke:

Led Zep( they had so many songs and albums but only five of their tunes are ever played!) :puke:

Stevey Ray Vaughn,way way overplayed cause he was from Austin,ya know(who cares!):puke:

Beatles I second and third that motion!!!:puke:

The Who-'who are you?'

:puke:

Eagles :puke:

Bob Seger -turn the page :puke:

and on and on and so forth!!

Last edited:
You guys have it pretty much covered.

I can only add:

REO Speedwagon - 157 Riverside Avenue. God, I hate that screechy lead singer spabbling* a duet with the lead guitar.

*spabbling
Yes, it's a word. I know because I just made it up. I intend it to convey some kind of bastard hybrid between babbling and scat. I suppose I should say scabbling but the "sp" implies flying gobs of spit, so I let it stand.

Most Van Halen songs esp. those featuring David Lee Roth.
I recall a guy I read about in the Peoria, IL Journal Star who rolled his car while listening to some Van Halen tune at max volume. He was pinned for like 12 hours and couldn't shut off the tape. He swore never to listen to VH again. I understand fully.

Back
Top Bottom