Classical

Rog50

Who else tends to crank their classical music listening sessions way louder than other formats ?

It´s the opposite for me. Most of the time I am happy with classical at 75-85 dbA peaks. Of course, because of the dynamics of classical music, the average volume is much lower.

When I listen to rock and Metal the fun starts at 95 dbA and just goes up from there :)

95 db and up yikes. My SPLnFFT on the iphone would be flashing "you head is going to explode" warnings lol

Not really me.

I think dynamic capability and the ability to semi-believably convey scale is pretty important though. I tend to listen to classical on my audio-only system with the big boy speakers. As much as I like the PSBs and the Mirage sub for most music and AV, they just seem to not convey scale as well.

I probably tend to play energetic acoustic jazz the loudest, esp live recordings. A lot of rock gets my head hurting at too high of a level. I think it might be physiological. I also can't listen to overly notey/flashly progressive rock and jazz fusion at the same levels I tend to listen to more traditional rock and jazz.

Back
Top Bottom