Cleaning Fisher faceplates, any suggestions?

gkargreen

This is the brushed aluminum faceplate of a 400-CX and has a blotchy look to it, I believe that it was in a smoke/nicotine household. Tried a couple of things, warm water & dish soap, Mothers chrome cleaner, and diluted Super Clean. No improvement. I am staying away from any ammonia-based products as they are not good on aluminum, and the lettering is damn near perfect on this piece so I don't want to screw that up! Anyone had any positive experience with cleaning these types of faceplates? Looked all over the web with a million and one suggestions, some were people blowing it out of their butts, so for those who have had good luck with this, please let me know your process, thanks!

Thanks, Rocky. BTW, forgot to try one method that was mentioned before posting here, and which I saw after I had used it and Don indicated that it was good to use as well for faceplate cleaning, and that is the Magic Erasure. Dipped one in warm plain water and went over the faceplate, wow, the pad turned brown and the water too, was really surprised at how well that worked, lettering remained intact but >90% of the brown, splotchy stuff went away, amazing!

Back
Top Bottom