Cleaning Tape Monitor Switch in SX 1050

leemelone

Is it possible to clean the tape monitor switches on my SX 1050 without removing the face plate? I realize that you have to open it up and unscrew the boards to clean the pots but is that necessary to clean just the toggle switches? I sprayed DeOxit in the front with the switches in the up and down position and then worked them 10-15 times each. I know that the power switch has a little black shield to keep the dust out but the tape monitor switches are more open. I've never seen one of them disassembled and I'm not sure exactly where the best place is to spray the cleaner. Did I just waste my time?

I deoxed a 1050 an had to remove the faceplate and some boards for some of the switches and pots.
I don't think you are doing much squirting from the front as all the business is in the back of the switch. If you stand the receiver with the face up it might get there but you would wast a lot of deoxit that would drain into the inner electronics.
The SX-1050 was a chore to clean the controls but it is a great sounding receiver.

Back
Top Bottom