Cleaning up the teak cabs on a set of Rogers Studio 1A

Speedbump71

Buried in speakers
Subscriber
Should I just use some teak oil after scuffing back the surface scratches a bit? The veneer seems pretty thin on these.

Looking for tips. The cabs are not bad, but were basement stored for a bit, and were scuffed around a little bit/had things on top of them. Water stain on top of one cabinet.

IMG_9960.JPG

Nice speakers! I did a light clean up on a pair of teak KEF 102s and teak Sequerra Met-7s. Both had very minor scratches. I used 320 grit paper on a wood block. Go nice and easy, paying attention to the edges and corners.
A few coats of Watco teak oil and the finish looks great.
Good luck and happy listening.

Oxalic acid will remove/lighten water marks--the active ingredient in BarKeepers Friend cleanser and various other "soft scrub" products like glass rangetop cleaners.

I wouldn't sand, especially due to the thin veneer. Grab some acetone or lacquer thinner and a scotch brite pad and some clean rags to get dirt and dried oil out of the finish and re-oil with teak oil.

Can you tell me the model number of the celestion tweetere in there and where I can find a replacement or substitute? Have one blown tweeter. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom