Clearaudio the Solution

Arval

Hi Ak's

Is there any owner f the Clearaudio Solution ?
I got one yesterday, is very good shape with the Rega Rb300 and Denon dl304.

Is running through my Accuphase E-205 and so far am very happy, it is for me a big step up from my last 2 turntables (thorens td166mkII and Micro seiki dd33).

i have a few questions because i would like to upgrade it in the future.. so if is any owners let me know.

Ariel

I owned a Marantz TT-15 which, at a much lower price-level, aped some of the features of your beautiful new table. Isolated motor, acrylic plinth and platter, all less thick and less deluxe. I would guess your new machine is a stellar performer and hope you enjoy the hell out of it. I occasionally visited the Clearaudio site and they sell lots of bits/baubles for their turntables, including ceramic magnetic main bearings, isolation feet, etc.

Beautiful table, congratulations!

Yes, there are upgrades which can make your table sound even better.

I have the Champion from Clearaudio and I just finished some Clearaudio upgrades including a bigger Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB), 70mm platter, motor riser, and tonearm riser. I had also changed the feet a long time ago from the small acrylic cones to the massive stainless steel. I kept my Unify tonearm, I love it (for now ;)).

I came across these latest upgrades recently with help from my local audio shop and a trade-in he came across. Here's a pic of my Clearaudio Champion before and after.

Before:
IMG_3895_zps73f86d3m.jpg

IMG_3889_zpsg3f3dxr9.jpg

After:
IMG_0877_zpsowxcumjf.jpg

IMG_0880_zpsj2lniykt.jpg

IMG_0882_zpsn4uf90it.jpg

I made a thread showing what I did along the way. Here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-evolution-of-a-champion-turntable-that-is.856435/

Good luck with yours and have fun with it. They are amazing decks.

I do not mean to hi-jack your thread, I only wanted to show the possibilities.

Cheers!

Wow that platter looks massive!!

The feet from my Solution are made of bronce.. and it looks amazing so am not planning to change it.

The platter wow looks nice and i guess it brings improvements.

My solution can fit up to three tonearms .. so i guess thats the first upgrade for me .

I will love to have one of my mc denons (i have the 303 and the 304) and also my mm shure v15 type 3 ..

Beautiful table, congratulations!

Yes, there are upgrades which can make your table sound even better.

I have the Champion from Clearaudio and I just finished some Clearaudio upgrades including a bigger Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB), 70mm platter, motor riser, and tonearm riser. I had also changed the feet a long time ago from the small acrylic cones to the massive stainless steel. I kept my Unify tonearm, I love it (for now ;)).

I came across these latest upgrades recently with help from my local audio shop and a trade-in he came across. Here's a pic of my Clearaudio Champion before and after.

Before:
IMG_3895_zps73f86d3m.jpg

IMG_3889_zpsg3f3dxr9.jpg

After:
IMG_0877_zpsowxcumjf.jpg

IMG_0880_zpsj2lniykt.jpg

IMG_0882_zpsn4uf90it.jpg

I made a thread showing what I did along the way. Here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-evolution-of-a-champion-turntable-that-is.856435/

Good luck with yours and have fun with it. They are amazing decks.

I do not mean to hi-jack your thread, I only wanted to show the possibilities.

Cheers!
With all those upgrades, how much did the sound improved???

I have a CA Solution table, with quite a few upgrades. Bigger platter with proper CMB, upgraded feet with Carbon Fiber pucks, Reference Motor, two upgraded arm boards etc. Very nice table. Mine has a CA Verify CF arm/Dynavector 17D2MR combo and a Jelco SA-750l/Audiotechnica AT33mono combo. The table is a keeper, Congratulations!
Regards,
Jim

fennell.jpg

I have the Fennel recording on CD and LP. I really enjoy playing the March section with the strong drum strike in the first few measures. It really awakens folks that think the music is going to be dull and rather predictable. He came for a clinic one time for our all city band and really put us through our paces. I have quite a collection of his recordings.

I have a CA Solution table, with quite a few upgrades. Bigger platter with proper CMB, upgraded feet with Carbon Fiber pucks, Reference Motor, two upgraded arm boards etc. Very nice table. Mine has a CA Verify CF arm/Dynavector 17D2MR combo and a Jelco SA-750l/Audiotechnica AT33mono combo. The table is a keeper, Congratulations!
Regards,
Jim

View attachment 1415988

I was checking the clearaudio site but there is no info/price for the arm board. Where did you get yours and do you rememer hiw much was it?

My one has the rega rb300 arm .. which one of your arms performs better?

Ariel.

With all those upgrades, how much did the sound improved???
The sound improved noticeably, which is what the aim was to begin with. How much? Can't put a number on that. Only my ears know.

As for Clearaudio parts, you can find them from your country's official Clearaudio distributor. Some parts (not all) are available on the net. Just do a search, there's a couple of on-line vendors. Clearaudio has somewhat of a strict policy regarding who sells their product.

I got mine through Musical Surroundings, the armboard cost $350. The Verify CF is my main arm (stereo) the Jelco SA750L is a 12" arm and used for Mono Records. Different horses for different courses as they say.
Regards,
Jim

Hi Ak's

Is there any owner f the Clearaudio Solution ?
I got one yesterday, is very good shape with the Rega Rb300 and Denon dl304.

Is running through my Accuphase E-205 and so far am very happy, it is for me a big step up from my last 2 turntables (thorens td166mkII and Micro seiki dd33).

i have a few questions because i would like to upgrade it in the future.. so if is any owners let me know.

Ariel

Congratulations, Ariel! I´ve got the BOTL Clearaudio TT (Emotion) but even that model is a great performer!!

This will be controversial — and I don't want to interfere with your enjoyment. But I had two RB300 arms, I even rewired one with Van den Hul pure silver. I didn't think much of either one and sold both. Compared to other arms, the difference was clear; granted, those other arms were costlier, but the gulf was extreme.

But if you're adding other arms, the Rega may have its place, maybe carrying that great Shure. The Rega was probably better than the Thorens or Micro, especially for your Denon MCs. I had the Thorens, and a similar Micro: they're for high-compliance MMs, and not as well constructed, notably the bearings.

As for the armboards, I'd never pay that price. It's just a disc with hole. I would make it, or if I couldn't, have it made, a simple job — and use the savings to better purpose elsewhere. I have a similar armboard issue with my Micro Seiki DQX-1000. It takes 3 arms, but the boards are very pricey. I made 3 boards out of wood, very hard wood — one was for a SME 12" arm so it extended quite far — and they're just as good, no difference in sound. But a huge difference in cost. They look good too.

Or look for alternative sources. The Chinese can make a simple disc-with-hole as well as anyone.

In a few days am going to pick up an extra armboard for 1/3 of the original price.. it is made of aluminium .. and should fit perfect the clearaudio. So am very happy.

Now i have to hunt for a new tonearm. @bimasta what is your suggestion?
Ariel

But if you're adding other arms, the Rega may have its place, maybe carrying that great Shure. The Rega was probably better than the Thorens or Micro, especially for your Denon MCs. I had the Thorens, and a similar Micro: they're for high-compliance MMs, and not as well constructed, notably the bearings

My micro has the MA 707 with adjustable mass, so i didnt have any problems with the shure neither de dl 303.

But this clearaudio is better.. it just sound better.. more dinamic and with less noise.

Is second-hand OK? Good operational condition of course; are pleasing aesthetics important too?

Well operational for sure, also the clearaudio is a beauty so i would like to keep it that way.
Bus yes second hand is the idea. But i dunno what should i look for. There a few regas in the local sort of ebay here . Some vintages sme but they go for way more than my budget.

Back
Top Bottom