Cleveland speakers

I bought a pair of speakers at an estate sale today for 10 bucks. Based on the EIA code, I think they are Cleveland brand, which is a brand I am unfamiliar with.

A google search gave me little info except for Cleveland speakers for guitar.

Does anybody know anything about them?

I'm sure they are no big deal, but thought they were interesting. They are 12" coax speakers with fairly decent weight.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 101_0613.JPG
    101_0613.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 114
  • 101_0614.JPG
    101_0614.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 101_0615.JPG
    101_0615.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 109
Those are cool! They look solid too.

You might have fun throwing them in a sheet of plywood and doing an open baffle. They really might surprise you...

Thanks, Jelly Bean. I may do exactly that. I've never tried open baffle before. Looks like fun!

Actually, search for "Cletron", rather than Cleveland - you should find more info.

Cletron made speakers for a whole bunch of people, was owned by a whole variety of parent companies, including Harman at some point.

They stick in my memory for being the only manufacturer I ever saw that made seamed cones.:eek:

Cheers,
Larry B.

Actually, search for "Cletron", rather than Cleveland - you should find more info.

Cletron made speakers for a whole bunch of people, was owned by a whole variety of parent companies, including Harman at some point.

They stick in my memory for being the only manufacturer I ever saw that made seamed cones.:eek:

Cheers,
Larry B.
Thanks for the info! I never would have thought of Cletron

Cheers,
Larry B.
Jensen used seamed cones on a number of their speakers....like the P10R and the C12N

Back
Top Bottom