AK Subscriber
Subscriber
No affiliation, sale has started.

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Clifton/07014/1945011

1.jpg
1.jpg
1.jpg
1.jpg

Quite an inventory of music also; apparently a professional singer lived there.

Was overpriced and pre-picked. The guy running the sale claimed the family contacted the Library of Congress and they came after the pics were taken for the ad but before the sale started, and were allowed to take whatever LPs they wanted. I have some reservations about the truthfulness of this story, but regardless, all the decent jazz LPs were gone (wife was a jazz singer but mostly known for commercial jingles -- her husband was an arranger and worked on more desirable records than she did). The Sansui receiver was $50ish and sold immediately. Many things were marked higher than average eBay. I was back on the last day and maybe half of the rest of the gear sold? They were being really bad about discounting, holding stuff for later eBay I think.

And no thread for the really good sale in NJ this past weekend (guitarist / studio musician / guitar builder Vincent Bell's in Tenafly)?

And you missed the Mcintosh 2105 in Tenafly ? Cant of surprise: Tenafly has the Teac 3340 Reel to Reel + MR-20 mixer for $250 and no one wanted.

I went both and as I said, I think some traffic was directed to this sale first (which is good).

And no thread for the really good sale in NJ this past weekend (guitarist / studio musician / guitar builder Vincent Bell's in Tenafly)?

Last edited:
And you missed the Mcintosh 2105 in Tenafly ?
Was marked at an insane $1,800 the first day. On the 2nd/last day it had just been sold to a guy I know for a more reasonable $600. He said it needed work.

Tenafly has the Teac 3340 Reel to Reel + MR-20 mixer for $250 and no one wanted.
They were priced separately. I think the mixer was asking $400 and I forget what the RTR was at. A lot of the equipment sold at a fraction of asking the 2nd day, and I believe these two were still sitting there when I left 30 mins before closing.

The records were way more interesting than the equipment anyway....

Back
Top Bottom