Closed ear hf suggestions please

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by Listnnthdark, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Listnnthdark

Listnnthdark Well-Known Member

Hello All
    Thanks in advance for suggestions .
    My intent in asking about closed ear headphones stems from the fact that I live in a noisy location and want to use mainlly for Tv watching and youtube etc ( So must be compatible with standard tv headphone and computer hp jack .) The only phones i have owned are bang +olafsen form 1 ( hoping to find something w comperable sound quality but blocks exterior sound while still being comfortable .) They recently failed due to connection break so thinking of just picking up a new ( or used ) pair of closed ear . Sound quality is important but comfort for long periods is at least as important . Considering yamaha hd 3 or similar . Hoping for used at $50 or so .. but might go up to 100 . . Thought of grado but dont know if they would block out exterior noise well enough .
    Ideas please and Thank You .

cratz2 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

At $50-ish, I'd lean toward Audio Technica ATH-M30x or 40x. They are very decent and have a plump bottom so explosions are exciting.

The AKG K92s are a heck of a deal. They are a bit more accurate so if you listen to a lot of acoustic music, they are very nice but not as exciting as the ATs.

You won't go wrong with either of them.

3. Listnnthdark

Listnnthdark Well-Known Member

Thank you very much cratz . i will take a look around for those .. Much appreceated .:thumbsup:

4. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

The Sony MDR-7506 is another of the usual closed-back suspects.

cratz2 likes this.