CM Labs 920, Heathkit AA-1640 and Sansui SE-9

sixthday

Finally, I put the CM Labs 920 Power amp in my system. Along with my Heathkit AA-1640 and Sansui SE-9, 9001. All old bodies.

I got this amp two weeks ago.

The CM Labs 920 is a black face 250wpc 70s Power AMP. Sound of the CM Labs 920 clean and crispy. But kind of heavy in Bass and midrange comparing to the heathkit AA-1640. Both of them are not as the Adcom in your face but very close. This is very different from the Sansui QRX-9001, which is much softer, kind of.

It is blackface rack mountable. Power switch and two fuses on the faceplate. Also comes two power adjustment, operation lights and meter leds.

The size of CM Labs 920 is about the same as Adcom GFA-555 and smaller than Heathkit AA-1640. However, it is much heavier than Adcom 555. My guess is about 40lb. Funny it is still not as heavy as my Yamaha MX-1. Inside, the CM Lans has a big transformer in the middle accompanied by two big caps. The two amp board are line on the side attached to the heatsink.
And, this amp did get very hot in fact. About 30 mins, surface of the heatsink will burn your fingers. My adcom is cool, heathkit and yamaha are only warm, but CM Labs are hot.

Anyway, continuously played about 5 hours without any problem. This amp feel and sound good. Will keep it. :thmbsp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHMnImJdWbA

CM920.JPG

Finally, I put the CM Labs 920 Power amp in my system. Along with my Heathkit AA-1640 and Sansui SE-9, 9001. All old bodies.

I got this amp two weeks ago.

The CM Labs 920 is a black face 250wpc 70s Power AMP. Sound of the CM Labs 920 clean and crispy. But kind of heavy in Bass and midrange comparing to the heathkit AA-1640. Both of them are not as the Adcom in your face but very close. This is very different from the Sansui QRX-9001, which is much softer, kind of.

It is blackface rack mountable. Power switch and two fuses on the faceplate. Also comes two power adjustment, operation lights and meter leds.

The size of CM Labs 920 is about the same as Adcom GFA-555 and smaller than Heathkit AA-1640. However, it is much heavier than Adcom 555. My guess is about 40lb. Funny it is still not as heavy as my Yamaha MX-1. Inside, the CM Lans has a big transformer in the middle accompanied by two big caps. The two amp board are line on the side attached to the heatsink.
And, this amp did get very hot in fact. About 30 mins, surface of the heatsink will burn your fingers. My adcom is cool, heathkit and yamaha are only warm, but CM Labs are hot.

Anyway, continuously played about 5 hours without any problem. This amp feel and sound good. Will keep it. :thmbsp:

CM920.JPG
The cm labs 920 weighs 47lbs.

Back
Top Bottom