C'mon Punk, Make my Day!! Great lines

"I'm on the narrow edge of a precipice,and even the slightest additional irritation will send me hurling into a gaping abyss,from which I doubt I would recover."-They All Laughed

Icon said:
the dude abides

it really tied the room together

obviously your not a golfer

i hate the f#$%ing eagles

shut the f#$% up donnie

Yeah, well thats just like... your opinion man.

Jeff to Jesus the bowler

Bond: What, do you expect me to talk?
Goldfinger: No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

Cripple: The last of the V8 Interceptors................it would be a shame to blow it up.

Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?
Butch: It's a chopper baby.
Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
Butch: Zed's
Fabienne: Who is Zed?
Butch" Zed is dead baby. Zed's dead.

From Blues Brothers (again!)

Jake: You mean to tell me you traded the Blues mobile for a cop car?

Elwood: No, I traded the Blues mobile for a microphone.

Jake: Oh...I can see that.

And another:

Police dispatcher [on radio]: Attention all units, unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been authorized.

From Ghostbusters:

Venkman: I'm studing the effects of negative reinforcement on ESP ability.

Nerdy phsycic dude: I'll tell you what the effect is - its PISSING ME OFF!

Venkman: Well, you did sign up for the study, and you are geting paid!

Nerdy phsycic dude: Yeah, well you can keep the five dollars!

Venkman: Thanks, I will!

And another:

Venkman [questioning traumatized librarian]: Are you, Alice, menstruating?

Indignant library manager: What does that have to do with anything?

Venkman: Back off man, I'm a scientist!

And one more:

Hotel maid, kneeling on floor in hallway after getting her supply cart lasered, with burning rolls of TP on it: What the hell you doin'?

Egon: Oh...Oh, we're sorry...we thought you were somebody else.

I have to say, Ghostbusters had probably 10 movies worth of great one liners packed into one. I could quote the screenplay start to finish in this thread, there are just to many to list.

Kevin

From "Glengarry Glen Ross"

Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

Bill Murray, holding his forehead in pain in "Scrooged":

"awwww!...the bitch hit me with a toaster!!!"

One of my favs.

Russ

More Ghostbusters...

Man at Elevator: What are you guys, cosmonauts?
Peter: Exterminators. Someone's seen a cockroach up on twelve.
Man at Elevator: Must be some cockroach.
Peter: Bite your head off, man.

Ray Stantz: You know, it just occured to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.
Egon Spengler: I blame myself.
Peter Venkman: So do I.
Ray Stantz: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.
Peter Venkman: Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back

[Dana, possessed by "The Gatekeeper," answers the door.]
Dana: Are you the keymaster?
Venkman: Not that I know of.
[She slams the door in his face. Venkman knocks again.]
Dana: Are you the Keymaster?
Venkman: Yes! Actually I'm a friend of his, he asked me to meet him here.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

[How to deal with the Stay-Puft marshmallow man.]
Peter Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong. This Mister Stay-Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York. We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

Egon: I feel like the floor of a taxi cab.

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean "bad"?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr. Raymond Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: That's bad. Okay. Alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon.

Ray Stantz: Gozer the Gozerian: good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activities and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

Scott (Sorry for the long post... got carried away! :) )

More good lines from "Dr. Strangelove":

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

"I don't avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my essence."

From "The Postman Always Rings Twice":

"Stealing a man's wife, that's nothing. But stealing his car--that's larceny."

And a great line from "Dirty Harry" (also used in "THe Dead Pool"):

"Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one."

From "Falling Down"

Beth: You're not coming here.

Bill Foster: Oh but I am. I'm on my way. I've passed the point of no return. You know what that is? That's the point in a journey where it's harder to go back to the beginning than to continue on to the end. It's like when those astronauts got in trouble when they were going to the moon. Somebody messed up or something and they had to get them back to Earth but first they had to go around the moon. They were out of contact for hours. Everybody waited breathlessly to see if a bunch of dead guys in a can would pop out the other side. Well, I'm on the other side of the moon now and everybody will have to wait until I pop out.

Casablanca has several all time great lines including Round Up The Usual Suspects & Play It Sam. Play As Time Goes By.

Plus Grocho was one of the best: In Duck Soup, when the Marx Brothers & Margaret Dumont were surrounded in the bunker, Chico says Let's Fight For This Lady's Honor & Groucho quickly interjects Why, That's More Than She Ever Did.

from Pink Flamingos when Divine receives a mysterious package in the mail

"No Cotton, I smell deep dark trouble"

She was right - the package contained a turd

from The Wild Wild West when the evil genius Lovelace in his powered wheelchair falls several thousand feet into a rocky ravine Agent West (Will Smith) says

"Now thats a whoopin' "

Last edited:
The Odd Couple; "We got green sandwiches and brown sandwiches." What are the green ones?" "It's either very young cheese or very old meat." "I'll take a brown one."

The Odd Couple; "That's not spaghetti, you moron, that's linguini." (Flings it against the wall) "Now it's garbage."

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade; "I didn't know you knew how to fly a plane." "Fly, yes. Land, no."

Groucho Marx in Animal Crackers;
"You could live with your folks and I could live with your folks.
Living with your folks. Living with your folks. The beginning of the end. Drab dead yesterdays shutting out beautiful tomorrows. Hideous, stumbling footsteps creaking along the misty corridors of time. And in those corridors I see figures, strange figures, weird figures, Steel 186, Anaconda 74, American Cane 138..."

Bela Lugosi, in Dracula; "I never drink...wine."

:D
billinkansas said:
from Pink Flamingos when Divine receives a mysterious package in the mail

"No Cotton, I smell deep dark trouble"

She was right - the package contained a turd

QUOTE]

And from the same movie:

Connie Marble: I guess there's just two kinds of people, Miss Sandstone: MY kind of people, and assholes. It's rather obvious which category you fit into. Have a nice day.

Too many good lines to pick just one so...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-0505183-2761437?v=glance&vi=quotes-trivia

Thanks Eric -

And we're both forgetting the best line of the entire show -

Raymond Marble trying to describe Divine to the police:

"She is a whore, officer"

Back
Top Bottom