Cobblefest MKII - Countryfest!!!

Bob, Angus and I are chilling out and listening to tunes right now (and watching the dogs go at it). Can't believe tomorrow is the big day already, looking forward to Cobblefest MKII!

Bob just arrived and showed me the electric guitar that he built. I really want to hear this thing. If anybody happens to see this before they leave, and you have an amp you could bring and its not too inconvenient, please bring it :)

My Carvin x-amp is a Mesa Boogie clone, with a Boogie speaker. It's an easier traveler than a Marshall. Lemme know if you want it there. 100w tube head, single 12". I'll prolly leave the Blueshawk at home...

Cool deal on cobbling the window. I'm sure we'll be impressed, and go on and on about the virtues of cobbled windows vs. stock ones...:smoke::smoke::smoke:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Bring an axe, for sure, if not the amp, also. I am still loading between rain drops.

Sorry to hear your not going to make it after all, Mike :sigh:

I was really hoping to see you, Jay and Glen this time around. Hopefully the stars will be better aligned for everybody next year.

RC

Hey Aaron!

We ain't afraid of a little pesky rain. I'm up and getting to the business of "plasticizing" my gear for the the trip over ;)

Mark and Gary will be here around 8'ish and we are going to pack up a few things and hit the road.

Any last minute things come up that you need? Just give me a shout.

Bob, I picked up your Red Peppers.

RC

After downpouring all night and this morning, it looks like things may dry up for a little bit. No rain for the last couple hours, lets hope that it stays like this!

Think I should load up my fishing waders in the car.

There's another unrelenting downpour coming down here in the southwest Metro. :tears:

Hope it lets up a bit so I can pack up my last few boxes in the car.

See you soon.

Hope the weather clears up for y'all.

I'll be thinking blue skies for ya as I twiddle my thumbs at the Houston airport awaiting the 10 hour flight to Sao Paulo.

I talked to Bob on the phone about 2 hours ago, and, from what he said, everyone was still vertical.

Sorry I failed to make it, hope its been fun.

You got one honker of a storm coming your way, be careful. Quite a hodge podge of weather so far today, in a classic, aggravating, Minnesota way.

dew.

Just made it home. Bad looking weather the whole way, but nothing ever happened.

Thanks to Aaron for letting us have full run of the house. Nice new house Aaron!

I left at 8ish and Bobs mystery meat still had not hit the grill! Started with smoked egg rolls (sounds weird taste great),salads and brats were next on the grill. Mark did an awesome job with the smoking, especially when you consider that it poured the whole time. A few hours passed and Bob made burgers that were half hamburger half bacon with some pepper Jack thrown in for good measure. Lots of bars, pies and such were also present and delicious.

I took pictures, but with doucanoe's camera. I'm sure he'll post pictures tomorrow.

Like with all these events it's great to see old friends and meet new ones. Missed all that could not make the seen this year.

I had a GREAT time at Aaron's house. Met a lot of people, learned some stuff too! Wish I could have stayed longer though.

Just got home a little while ago. We enjoyed some great sunshine around mid to late afternoon, but then the rain clouds closed in on us again. Luckily the evening showers didn't interfere too much. Most of us had migrated indoors anyway.

Great time, great people, great food, too much gear to see and hear.

I took some photos, but they'll have to wait until later. I need some sleep now.

Thanks everyone who pitched in to make it a memorable event. :thmbsp:

Hi All

What a great time! It was nice to see everyone again. To all of you who were not able to make it rumors are a fall version is in the works :thmbsp:

Thanks Aaron for hosting you have a beautiful house and lots space around no worries with neighbors.

Thanks Bob for providing the steaks and Jason helping with making the shish kabobs.

As we did not arrive until around 5:00 I am not sure who else provided all the food but thanks.

And a special thanks to all that made Damaris my wife feel welcome she had a lots of fun too.

I forgot my camera so I have no pics but lots of memories.

Waiting for the next one now.

Jerry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom