Coffee. Anything coffee related.

Nice choice. Let us know how you like it. I do like my Breville kettle with the 200* preset.
Update. Grinders nice if not a bit messy. I'm a home roaster and there seems to always be a bit of chaff left on the beans and this gets all over the counter. Such is life.

We went retro a year ago with this baby. Works like a champ and brews excellent coffee. Just a few easy-to-clean parts. Starbucks beans this morning through an el-cheapo grinder.

IMG_20180428_071137053 (1).jpg

Haven't been to Mexico since 1980. How was it and where did you go?

Went down to Playa del Carmen region...food and temps were great...beach not so. Mucho seaweed!

Coffee was great, but Mex milk different, so unique taste in the end eh?

My Birthday was yesterday. My daughter bought me a bag of Ethiopia Yirgacheffe, (whole bean, green labeled bag), and a bag of Guatemala Huehuetenango Mam, (whole bean, red labeled bag), coffee's. The Guatemala is excellent! This is my second bag of the Ethiopian, excellent too! I'm not sure why I even bother with Starbucks.S7300095.JPG

I just read NESTLES is buying a percentage of Starbucks. I didn't realize they weren't doing so well.

Seriously nice thrift score.

Thanks! My wife said: Who takes a perfectly good Moccamaster to Goodwill?

So far, it seems to heat and cycle water just fine. Cleaned up really well.

Just bought some #4 filters. Coffee gets me out of bed in the mornings anyway, but I'm really looking forward to it tomorrow!

I didn't read the whole thread so if this is a repeat ...sorry...

I don't drink coffee but....at the beer store they had this little pack of dark chocolate covered coffee beans....they are very good! And keep you awake.

Enjoying a cup of PANAMA FINCA SANTA TERESA NATURAL home roast coffee brewed with a Chemex. 1st pound out of 10. I got pretty close. I’m coming around to realizing that naturally processed beans, especially from Panama, are my favorite. Of course at $ 8 vs $40 per pound this is not nearly as good as the geshias from the area, but the fruit really comes through.

View attachment 1185395

Found this Technivorm at the thrift store today. Looks at home next to the La Pavoni.

I haven't made drip coffee in awhile, but I'm getting back on the bike tomorrow!
Good lord. Same model that has been my 'daily grind' for more than 10 yrs - and pretty much ended my quest for a great drip machine, also for the 'get yo butt outa bed incentive'!
That carafe will keep a bucket o' coffee hot for a Long time.
Great find, Enjoy!!!

Good lord. Same model that has been my 'daily grind' for more than 10 yrs - and pretty much ended my quest for a great drip machine, also for the 'get yo butt outa bed incentive'!
That carafe will keep a bucket o' coffee hot for a Long time.
Great find, Enjoy!!!

I've been using the Moccamaster almost daily since posting about it above. It really does make excellent coffee--given me a bit of a break from the two French press pots I was making every day before. Definitely a different mouth feel, but flavorful nonetheless. And you're right--the carafe keeps the coffee hot for a long time.

Just like Ferris said, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. :)

Shit. I just broke my Chemex washing it. I had the wooden collar type. I was wondering about the glass handle type this time. Anybody had both of the 3 cup varieties?

Shit. I just broke my Chemex washing it. I had the wooden collar type. I was wondering about the glass handle type this time. Anybody had both of the 3 cup varieties?

Only difference is looks. I believe Chemex still offers hand blown glass ones at a premium. Same 60 degree funnel, just a different look.

As an alternative, you can use a Hario V60 with Chemex filters for the same taste but you can brew directly into a thermal carafe.

hario-v60-bloom.JPG

Back
Top Bottom