1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee Break...

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by knockbill, Oct 5, 2018.

1. knockbill

knockbill Addicted Member

Share you coffee break with friends here,,,
    Late start for me,,, took morning walk and having my first cup this morning,,, seems I'm down to instant coffee and canned milk!!! Think there's a WAWA run in my future !!!! Hows it going for you?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. r_brumett61

r_brumett61 Active Member

OMG nooooooooo! Quick git to a store ASAP!!!!! lol

Bill Ferris likes this.
  3. mkane

mkane AK Subscriber Subscriber

tasters choice with lots of coffeemate

4. WobblySam

WobblySam Well-Known Member

Coffee break? I drink coffee all day long while I'm on the move. I usually make three 12 cup pots a day.

5. parman

parman I Got The Spirit Subscriber

Just hit Tim Hortons. There coffee is pretty good. Now that I'm retired coffee break is when I say it is ;)

Bill Ferris likes this.
  6. knockbill

Another instant coffee break!!! just went out, but didn't feel like fighting traffic, WAWA is in the other direction,,, and its still 1$ coffee!!!

7. Yamaki

Yamaki Not For Hire Subscriber

Started a little bit earlier than normal today. Was up by 5:30, dropped a K-cup in the Keurig machine, popped some vitamins, checked in on the local news & weather and made short work of the first cuppa.

Dropped another K-cup, read some email, checked in on a couple of forums that I moderate and then checked in here on new posts made since last night.

That's my normal morning routine. The rest of the day varies, consisting of things that need to be done and things I want to do. Being retired is tough! ;)

8. knockbill

Got that right!!! between monitoring medicare, chores, keep cars/truck running,,, Insurance, DR, appts,,, etc... there's hardly any time for hobbies!!!! Working was a lot easier!!!

9. Splatter Pak

Splatter Pak High-End Scrounger

I have a mug of French Press coffee in front of me as I type this...yum.

Infinity! and mkane like this.
  10. knockbill

Sounds good,,, no more for me til the morning!!

11. knockbill

P5140131.JPG Sick of the instant coffee!!! ran up to Wawa, before they close all the roads for October Days festival!!! Cup of Hazelnut, and an Apple Fritter to start the day,,
    Have a good day !

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    parman likes this.

12. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

This guy will barely allow me one cup before he retrieves his leash. After a two mile walk I'm ready for that second cup, a boiled egg, prunes and oatmeal. When you're retired everyday is Saturday which means you can't look forward to the weekend.

P8080054.jpg

Bill Ferris and parman like this.
  13. knockbill

Yep,,, can't look fwd to Saturday with everyone rushing around shopping and chores,,, but the rest of the week days are wide open after rush hour!!! That's "retired guys" time!!!

14. richamor

richamor Blue Collar Subscriber

It's an Ethiopian bean this morning.....I forget exactly which one. Straight outta the Oxo 12 cup barrista. That will be gone shortly and another put on.....maybe some Mocha Java.

As a "semi retired" I look forward to Monday the same way others, and I did, look forward to Saturday. Everyone else is at work so traffic is less....lines are almost non-existant.... I can sit and gab for hours without being rushed for the next customer/patient/number. Most folks you run in too seem more relaxed and cheerful. And every day starts with a pot of fresh brewed coffee enjoyed at a leisurely pace.

15. knockbill

Yep,, I'm semi retired also,,, looking more towards the retired part!!!

16. mkane

mkane AK Subscriber Subscriber

Retired for 10 years here

17. knockbill

And back to instant,,, but home made apple fritters!!!

18. knockbill

Back to Wawa this morning,,, been a long rainy season,,, hard to work outside,,, to early to have cabin fever!!!

19. knockbill

Rains from Michael passed by,,, just a little wind left... thinking of our friends in its path,,,
    Maybe Wawa run this morning... Just heard on the news a tree is down on Rt 1 at Wawa Rd,, hope they got the coffee makings delivered!!!!

20. onepixel

onepixel .

Getting a late start. Brewing up some Kona now. I was up late drinking bourbon at the Tiki Lounge with friends after dinner. One guy, a pilot I hadn't seen since 1976.

4-2-7 likes this.