Cold here...

No problem Gerrit, glad you got some good golf :)
Down here in Texas the snow stays away.
Only one time the white stuff came down back in 93 and highways got ice on them.... lot's of fender benders that day.
Of course a freeze hit us one winter and many tree branches broke and made a mess.
Otherwise the weather is muggy and hot all year.;)
I rather sweat then freeze myself. Those snow showeling days are over for me, been there done that...:rolleyes:
Ice-scrapers, block-heaters, electrical portable heaters inside the car, buying more Anti-freeze then beer every week during winter months. I use to live out in the country and a local farmer came by every morning (usally) and plow the dirtroad out to the main road for me. But some days he stayed home fixing his cows etc instead. What a mess, snow tires, showels, sandbags in the trunk, winches if I got down in the ditch.
One year I almost thought about investing in a towtruck for me and my girlfriend.:p:
Bad winter and bad tires made the towbills raise up..
The best car I had one year for those wintermonths was a Mercedes diesel with blockheater installed that warmed up the motor + a extra small battery charger so there was always juice when it was time to crank it up.
And Good Year ice spike tires made winterdriving a breeze.
Heater was excellent and sheepskins on the seats. Mmmm;)
A couple of sandbags in the trunk to give it some more weight and drove like a armytruck thru the snow.
Snow is pretty to look at as long you can stay inside.:cool:

Is It ever going to warm up???????...AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!I'm ready to start pulling my hair out by the roots!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!.....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!...AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:yikes: :dammit:

Now, It's even colder!

Checked thermometer, With no wind, are ya ready,

-30F or -34C

That's gettin' CCCold!

Greg

WOW!!! maaaaannn..Greg...now thats COLD!!

And I thought the -13F we had here yesterday morning was bad....

Not too bad here now...only 15F......A heat wave....I hope its commin' yer way...you need it up there!!

Well the temp is down to 25F with a 12F wind chill. Winds are out of the North at 17mph, gusting to 29mph with light snow/sleet. I know that's not cold to some of you, but I'm freezin' my ass off! Remember - it was almost 70F here yesterday! :eek:

Yeah, I know - no sympathy from you guys, especially R2R (got your PM) :D

-Dave

:D Just sit back and enjoy the show..:lurk:

Were expecting 6-10 inches here by tommorrow night......Swell!! I guess thats what I get for laughing...........

Digging out about 6 inches here. Nice way to spend a b-day. My father-in-law is digging out of at least 22 inches up north.

g

Send us your snow..

I'm a skier and took up snow boarding this year. I'll take all the snow you can send. But keep the cold, we have our own. Woke up to -28C this morning and tonight is supposed to be colder!! A few hours north was already posting -40!!! People going out at lucnh time to warm up their cars so they don't freeze up during the day. I'm sure some of the schools will be closing as the buses won't start. Gas will no doubt be gooing up...supply and demand thing. But it's a great country.....I think I'll stay.

Too cold to think about:

- 36 Celsius on the deck.

Wind chills in the mid 40's.

Forecast high for the morning - 41 Celsius.

atuque

It's so cold I can't pop the hood latch on my car, frozen. I need the hood up to charge the battery so I can start my car.
I'm going to try yanking on it with a rope tomorrow morning. I hope it doesn't snap the wire or I'll really be screwed.:(

benjamin

Great pic; it reminded me of when our kids were part of the snow suit set.

Current deck temperature - 42 Celsius. Some of the out lying areas, especially those by the river should see - 50 Celsius by early morning.

Nothing much moves around here when it's this cold. Things just don't work like they're supposed to and it's just too dangerous.

atuque

Was in the pluses for a while..

But I woke up this mornig, Holy $hit! -30C or -20F. That's fairly cold!

Thong Weather

Up in the Sault -8C up to -3C today no snow.

Gets any milder l'm unpacking the thongs and heading to the beach.:eek: ;)

I'm a little scared with this mild weather might become a wussie and start to eat quiche and listen to tubes.:p: :D :D

Tell me about it ...14 degrees F here this morning...thats 21 degrees warmer than it was yesterday...a heat wave fer shure!!!!WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!!springs-a-commin':yippy:

-1 F here this morning, where you living R2R a beach somewhere? Wish I could complain about a balmy 14F I think it went down to -17F last night :eek:

Back
Top Bottom