Cold, Tired, and Hungry Marantz 1060 needs some TLC!

The previous owner gets an A for ingenuity and an F for being willing to drill a hole in a 1060 faceplate. :eek:

Found this 1060 in pretty sad shape and with multiple problems.
The "power button" strategy is pretty novel, lol.
Want to get her up and running and keep it for myself, came with the matching 110 tuner.
Well, at least its in very good hands now.

I just finished a total recap on mine. One easy unit to mess with. Well worth any effort put in!

Enjoy!

Barney

Yeah just realized who the OP was :bowdown:. His resto thread I have printed out in a binder. Can’t wait to see what he does with this one.

Last edited:
Well, the main fuse is smoked, no surprise there. Rectifier is bad as well as both left channel outputs. Time to check the components on the left channel and order a set of MJ21194 outputs.

Upon installation of the new outputs I will do away with the mounting heat sinks of for the old outputs. The right channel has non OEM outputs.

Needs a good cleaning too plenty of dust and dirt!

IMG_4140.jpg IMG_4135.jpg

It’s hopefully in better hands now. Hit up Randy at https://irebuildmarantz.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=72

Super fast shipping and service and really helpful! I’m working on making a few WC10 case clones when you’re ready so keep an eye out. Good luck with her! I have 3 now and won’t part with any of them...

I guess you are not familiar with patfont. Search for some of his previous threads rebuilding Marantz pieces, doing capacitor shootouts, etc. Will blow you away!! :)

Back
Top Bottom