Collecting acorn(s) for winter - low s/n 2270

You mentioned that you bought a Hakko FR-301. I bought one recently and wish I had bought it sooner. Soooo much easier than braid or a hand held solder sucker.

Nice clean up work on the Marantz!

I recently worked on a Zenith (toaster model with vents on top) tube radio that someone had used as a candle holder....yikes. I spent weeks cleaning out candle wax.

Carter

Thanks Carter, the FR-301 made the tasks manageable.
I found that the 1 x 3mm tip is just about perfect for these older boards.

Connected to system for a few days while waiting for delivery of 3mm double sided tape so I can reattach dial -

DSCN0139.JPG

Getting good reception across the scale from the new front end after some tweaking. Happened to glance at the AM tuning cap and noticed that the two rubber bushings deteriorated which would have been a snap to replace if noticed earlier.
Simple fix in place though using a phillips bit and small wrench.

I think I mentioned earlier (or in another thread) that initially there was poor FM reception, no SS meter movement, and the FM stereo light barely illuminated. Swapping out the front end & P200 board fully resolved two of the issues.
Now there is a nice bright stereo beacon BUT I'm noticing a slight deviation with voltage to the lamps. It's so slight that it could be ignored but I know it's there.

Reading through other threads, the base of H305 should be 0v in order for the lamps to light. I'll need to put it back on the bench to determine if the reading is correct. Could H305 itself be causing the issue?
Tough doing this without proper test equipment, but it is not a justifiable expense.

Aside from that #2110 is a very good sounding receiver.

Back
Top Bottom