College Apartment System

MisterFishey

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just moved in to my new apartment and I figured I would snap a few pics for you guys.

From top to bottom:
Harman Kardon ST-7 TT
McIntosh C28 preamplifier
McIntosh MC2505 amplifier
Sony SDP-EP9ES DAC
Denon DCD-3300 CD player
Sony ST-5130 tuner

The speakers are Wharfedale W70's, and the reel to reel is a Tascam 22-4. The little power conditioner is a medical-grade ONEAC. The TV is a Sony KV-34XBR800 that my roommates and I hauled up 3 flights of stairs with much, much effort. :D

I'm very pleased with my system. I think it is pretty good for a college student. :music:

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Wow, he best I could do was a Marantz 19 and a pair of Wharfedale W70Ds with a Thorens TD150 and Revox G36. Guess the scholarships and student loan programs are far more liberally than when I attended school.

Wow, he best I could do was a Marantz 19 and a pair of Wharfedale W70Ds with a Thorens TD150 and Revox G36. Guess the scholarships and student loan programs are far more liberally than when I attended school.

Yes, but qualifying is more difficulty.:D

LOVE the Mc stuff set off against the functionality of the all-thread and plywood shelves!!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys! It sounds really good and is very well balanced, I don't see anything obviously in need of an upgrade... for the moment. The Wharfedales pair with the McIntosh pieces beautifully. :music:

One thing I forgot to mention is the Linux-based music server under the TV, which was a joint project between my roommate and I, and on the software side not for the faint of heart. My roommate set up the software and I set up the hardware. All of my CDs are ripped to it in FLAC, and we can control the music playing on the server from our laptops over our wireless network, so we don't need an additional monitor, keyboard, or mouse lying around for normal use. The S/PDIF output from the sound card on the server (a SoundBlaster Audigy 2) goes through a custom-made digital coax to optical converter that I put inside the server and runs off of the computer's +5V power bus. The optical signal then outputs to the Sony SDP-EP9ES DAC.

I also forgot to mention that all of the gear has been restored or upgraded by yours truly in some fashion. I wouldn't have been able to afford all this if it was all working when I bought it, or if it was for sale on eBay. I think everything in my rack now was a CL, GW, or AK find. There's no adventure in buying something that works, I say. :D

..........I think everything in my rack now was a CL, GW, or AK find. There's no adventure in buying something that works, I say. :D

The two Mc pieces were a lucky find. The only McIntosh gear that I have seen in person for sale were all within the last couple of years, in a record store that asks e-Bay or better prices for his stuff. I've never seen any stereo gear that valuable in a thrift store.

Back
Top Bottom