College Basketball!

generally speaking, it's not good form calling an Italian American "greasy"...

The "greasier" is in reference to his NCAA rules violations, and how he is always one step ahead of the NCAA.

this is the first time in twenty years I haven't picked a single Final Four Team..I had Baylor beating Duke at the round of eight...I'd love to see Butler win it all..

Well I picked Duke to go to the Big Dance, but, I had Kansas bating them, for the championship...:sigh:

I would call him polyester which leaves out the origin prejudice.I agree, he has cat-like moves to rid himself of responsibility.I miss Tubby!

I would call him polyester which leaves out the origin prejudice.I agree, he has cat-like moves to rid himself of responsibility.I miss Tubby!

Well the person who made that comment, was Collin Cowheard, on ESPN radio. If he did not have any resrvations making on national radio show, why should I?

If I were going to make a disparaging remark to an Italian, calling him a wop or dumb dego, would be more on the mark. However, I did not do that.

:lmao: the coach of the other team Butler beat to get to the Final Four placed second in the balloting..why no case for Butler's young coach being the winner of this award? Boeheim deserves a special award for how effectively he BS'ed the NCAA selection committee/CBS about the playing status of his center prior to the tournament as well

I guess my current avatar shows where my allegiance lies. 36 min to tipoff. By the way this building constructed in 1928 is where the Butler Bulldogs play their home games. It's called Hinkle Fieldhouse, after legendary Butler basketball coach Tony Hinkle.

Hinkle_Fieldhouse_outside.jpg

I guess some other folks have jumped on the wagon as well.Congrats to Butler,you did it your way and won!

don't know if anyone remembers my earlier posts :naughty:

but, I feel compelled to say

the big east sucks :D

I live about a mile from the Butler campus, Last night we could hear the celebrations all around us, it was exciting. When they take the whole thing it's gonna really go nuts!

Go Bulldogs!!

When DUKE walks on court against Butler, they're gonna feel like a bunch of Maytag repairmen.....the loneliest guys in town.
I mean really, is anyone out there gonna root for DUKE??

Steve

two teams clearly superior to Duke, Syracuse and Kansas State, both had too much talent for Butler, too.....true to form, nobody is giving Butler a chance in hell against yet another basketball factory/NBA developmental league team. I'd bet that if you asked Jim Boeheim or Frank Martin if Butler can win it all that they would give them a least an even chance

Duke dismantled a very good West Virginia team, by 21 points yesterday.
Personal feelings aside, Duke seems to be firing on all cylinders now.
If Butler can avoid the jitters, and keep it close early on, they should make a game of it?

Steve

No doubt they still have to play the game and anything can happen.

No team in the tournament was clearly superior to Duke last night. They played out of their minds good. I don't know I would consider the Duke players to be in the NBA development program, they are surprisingly unathletic. Three solid all-around-skilled players that certainly shot the lights out last night.

Butler should have run away with the game considering how badly they beat up on MSU. I think they went 10 minutes down the stretch without a field goal and still won the game.

How much does Butler have left in the tank? How beat up are they? Duke seems to be peaking at just the right time.

It will be fun to watch.

I'm still on the Butler wagon...........I live 75 miles away and have adopted them as "my team".Duke will be very disappointed as will several of the above posters!Look at it this way.....let the Bulldogs have their little taste of heaven,Duke will be a powerhouse due to the old adage"the rich only get ....." It serves the sport much better if Butler wins!

Back
Top Bottom