College Basketball!

Final four

Duke will be a powerhouse due to the old adage"the rich only get ....."

And what makes you say that? Have you ever met anyone from Duke or have you ever been down there in Durham?
My daughter is a sophomore at Duke and I'm as far from rich as it can be. Don't even have a clue what the trust fund is...:D
I've been there numerous times and met a lot of students. While each and every college has it's fair share of arrogant jerks (and Duke is no exception) the most of the kids are very polite, talented and hard working kids.
Do they have a bunch of trust fund students? You bet! Are those students all above mentioned arrogant jerks? Hell no!
So regardless let the best team win tomorrow and please stop making comments on things you don't know much about.
Sorry if I offended anyone (hmm, I am probably the only one in this thread who apologized for my own comments) and let's enjoy the game.
Just my 0.02 cents...

I actually agree with all your points,however I did not bring up the trust baby issue.I think you may have an issue on that matter.My mentioning the adage "the rich.....' essentially sums up the current situation in NCAA sports.Look back at the past NCAA contests and you will see the same "elite" teams returning to the final games.To have a team like Butler win only strengthens the sport.My son is currently a student at Xavier{the same size as Butler},this situation obviously affects my stance.As yours is affected by your daughters Duke affiliation.May the best team win!

Last edited:
If you look it up, Duke really hasn't done so well in the 00's. The 90's, they were tops. Like Coach K says, none of these current Duke players have been here before, either. Furthermore, the USA Today Preseason had Duke at a mere 8th. Kansas, MSU, Texas, UNC, KY, Villanova, and Purdue were ahead of them. Butler was 10th. No pre-ordained dynasty there. Both teams earned every bit of the right to play for #1.

Last edited:
That said, my prediction:

Duke has too much talent and is peaking right on schedule. Those kids are hungry and healthy.

Butler has run the table but the gas tank is running low on emotion and destiny. How many times can Cinderella go back to the ball?

I see Duke in command. The Butler D is smothering, but Duke has diverse talent in three individuals with the skills to get the job done. This game willl NOT be less than 60 points scored by the opposition (an amazing feat) and Duke runs away with the game.

Of course, I am probably dead wrong.

Enjoy the game. It is one not to be missed.

Xavier has been a kick-ass basketball program for years. I went to school up the road at Miami. Add to that UC and UD, good basketball played in SW Ohio.

The point is that Butler (and Xavier, and Northern Iowa, etc.) have found a better way to success in basketball than throwing money at the program.

I agree that Butler might be more exhausted than Duke, considering the fact that they had to play (and defeat) three genuine contenders for the Final Four in their last three games...Duke did finally have a good, hot shooting game (after finally removing the cake from their well endorsed shoes) against a WV team that just couldn't get untracked shooting the ball...both teams defend well, I'm looking forward to the game

SA-708 put it in terms we all can relate to,you gave the appropriate evidence we needed.Thank you,its a business to most,I would hope we could devise a system that would essentially undermine these expenditures!The only rationale for expanding the field to 96 is the beloved dollar. Can't wait for the game! Go Butler.

.....so, what time is the final game tonight?....I know it's on CBS, and I think it's a little after 9 eastern when it starts, but could someone sharp the time for me?.....

This game is a winner no matter which way it goes: Either a tremendous underdog going all the way or an elite program showing why it is such.

.....thanks, Guys....the Duke players are fit as a fiddle, and Butler has a couple of injuries....we'll see what happens....pass the popcorn :lurk:.....

.....thanks, Guys....the Duke players are fit as a fiddle, and Butler has a couple of injuries....we'll see what happens....pass the popcorn :lurk:.....

adrenaline will make one feel as fit as a butchers dog, and I expect there's plenty of it flowing on both sides of the ball...get 'em Butler!!:banana:

Back
Top Bottom