College Football.....

Dr. No-No

Down South it is a Religion. I've seen a Dawg and a Vol on this site. If only they could be winners.

Anymore punks here?

Forget the Pros, I stubbed my toe and can't play for 6 weeks.
My contract that I signed is invalid because I am not man enough to live up to it.

OSU last year was a TV thing. Although, I hate the Canes TV needed a Northern Champ. How long has it been?

Not kicking anyone....... I love college ball..

Regards,

Joe

Dr. No-No,

A certified UT Vol fan/alum here. I love college football, esp. down south. Nothing compares to it. I hope you aren't a South Carolina fan (looking at your locale) - I think it will be a long year for them.

I'm going to the UAB/So. Miss game tonight here in Birmingham. The game is on ESPN, but my boys have been wanting to go to a game.

There's some good matchups this weekend, esp. FL/Miami. Also Auburn/Ga Tech, UCLA/Colo, Penn ST./Boston Coll, Bama/OU.

UT plays Marshall, but in two weeks is the UT/FL matchup. I wait all year for that game.

Man, I thought summer would never end so football season would arrive.

JD

Originally posted by Dr. No-No
Down South it is a Religion. I've seen a Dawg and a Vol on this site. If only they could be winners.

Anymore punks here?

My contract that I signed is invalid because I am not man enough to live up to it.

OSU last year was a TV thing. Although, I hate the Canes TV needed a Northern Champ. How long has it been?

Not kicking anyone....... I love college ball..

Regards,

Joe

osu was a tv thing? no they were just the best team last year. i think with there defence and with or with out maurece clerrett(sp)
they will run the table this year up to the mich. game and then thats anybodys game if mich is as good as everybody says they are.

Columbus in the house

no, they [OSU] were just the best team last year

I don't know if we were "the best" but we were one of the best teams, and we won the Championship game. I'm not sure if we can repeat but looking at first game this year we looked very good kicking the #17 ranked team in the country. Better than last year. Too bad about Maurice, but you got to saddle up with what you got. Hall and Ross are decent backs but not game breakers.

MikE

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!!!

Basketball season yet?

Football? You're not the best if you're not in the Big 8 er, 12.
I think the local kids'll have a team if Bo Pelini has much to say about it. This kid can flat coach. Don't know how long he'll be here, 'cause schools or the pros will be a-callin'.

Yup, still the only 1-2-3 final poll, Big 8, 1971.

Originally posted by Dr. No-No

ROFLMAO:p: how true, how true
the only players that really try have always been the college kids. Remember, they're trying for those elusive pro contracts. in case they stub THEIR toe too. OUCH:eek:

Go Orangemen!! Syracuse 2003 National BB Champs!!! I wore my SU shirt and KU hat during THAT game!!

SU & KU? That's an interesting combo. Geez, y'know, I have a stepbrother that went to Mizzou (ugh!) and a nephew-in-law that went to K-State (oh, the inhumanity).
What do they say? You can't choose who becomes family?

The " Big Twelve" that's what my girlfriends call me.;)

Really, I'm a Gator for 52 years. Actually, I went to my first UGA/UF game in my mon's belly.

Is it still the " Big Ten + 1" or what the hell is it? Can you guys count up north? Let's see ? The "Big Ten" , with eleven teams. Is there something wrong with my counting?

OSU and UM should play again in the Cheaters Bowl. I mean give me a break.......in Coral Gables they let them out of jail for games.....at OSU nobody knows what's going on......sounds like a song..
\
I find it really appropriate........

Enjoy the season....
Regards,

Joe

Clarett is out

OSU just announced that their troubled TB, Maurice Clarett has been declared ineligble for the '03 season. Of course, I'm pissed about the whole thing but happy they finally made a decision. If he has any integrity he'll attend class [he didn't lose his academic scholarship] and come back next season. I suspect we've seen the last of him. Hello division II or Canada.

MikE

Hey Bully !

Bo Pelini has made just a little bit of difference to Nebaraska this year.

Last year the defense sucked, and this year with a new defensive cordinator, and the same players.......

now after 3 games ......Nebraska leads the nation in fewest yards allowed, just over 200 !

The difference is night and day! The whole concept of the defensive scheme is totally different. They look like the old Nebraska defences.

Bohl was the worst defensive coordinator ever!

If Nebraska just can get the new kid at QB, the offence will come alive. Lord just dosen't have the capability to run the offence.

Letting the backers stay off the line so they can read & react and fly to the ball helps.
But last year the tackles just weren't causing enough havoc right there in the barnyard, & playing the tight backers, heck, the kids couldn't get outta their own way.
Bingham has really improved-- was he having back or neck problems last year? I like the looks of the freshman kid Teamer, too. Mebbe a bit undersized at 270, but man oh man what a burst he has for a tackle. Kid's from Omaha, right?
I always wanted my tackles to attack the blocker right there and let the backers make the plays. Keep attacking and you'll get yours, too.
The DB's are playing that zone like they were born to it. Got a little lazy at the end of the game Thursday, but that SoMiss kid looked pretty sharp.
Ruud's played really well, too.
Lord throws well down the field, with a good touch, but doesn't do the out and flares so well. Go figure.

Tell ya what Bully,

I doubt that Pelini will be at NE very long. Got $10 that says he'll be a head coach somewhere in the next three years, at the longest.

Like they say, "he's got it"

Back
Top Bottom