Colony (USA Network - Sci-Fi)

soundmotor

super modified
Anyone watched it? My wife & started watching in January right before the 2nd season opened. Basically, Earth has been invaded and whole cities partitioned into blocks. Humans have been left in charge as administrators to provide labor & materials for the aliens. The ones in charge have a much better life than those not in charge. An underground resistance develops but it barely hangs on. Non-compliance is brutally put down.

I was skeptical about it and put it on one evening to see if it had any merit. By the 3rd ep my wife & I were hooked. It has a good cast, is well written, and great CGI & sets too. The plot seems derivative and yet it is an original take on the whole alien invasion scenario. Enough so that I've given up predicting the next twist and just enjoy it. All the eps are on demand too. It's a rich time for sci-fi fans, could not be happier!

colony_s2_castandinfo_cover_2880x1260.jpg

Been watching it as well. Season 2 just started -
will be interesting to see how they play out the diffs between the collaborators and the free humans ...

Still on the fence as it tends to ebb and flow. The ebb is when the plot slows down to "Soap" time. Character dev I know, but they tend to get carried away, lwas in my POV.

The flow part takes place when some thing actually takes place and you can sense it taking place. With the environment completely under alien control and the rebels with lilttle in they way to fight back it seems hopeless. Guess they must have an ex machina up their sleeves.

Q

Canceled after s3 which is too bad. It hit its stride this season with some surprisingly solid performances and plot line. Much of the soap opera aspect went away completely and it concentrated on the aliens and why they were here. Peter Jacobson who played Proxy Snyder turned out to be especially loathsome. For a supporting character his acting chops tended to upstage everyone else in the scene with him. Season 3 ends completely up in the air showing the cancellation was an abrupt decision with no wrap-up episode.

Reading some of the backstory it seemed like the show was plagued with behind the scenes drama from the production company. When they shifted everything to Canada for the last season the writing was on the wall for it. Too bad, another good sci-fi bites the dust. Curious when the networks will figure out whom their core viewer is and write the shows for them rather than trying to engage non-sci-fi viewers?

Peter-Jacobson-dans-Colony_width1024.jpg

Too bad, another good sci-fi bites the dust. Curious when the networks will figure out whom their core viewer is and write the shows for them rather than trying to engage non-sci-fi viewers?
giphy.gif

Probably needed more time for wrestling.

I didn't know until your post that it was cancelled.
We watched the previous episode and the season finale last night and I told Emma "Its going to be cancelled. They've done good so far, but where do they go next?
Transport the Pods and outliers to an alien environment and use extensive CGI to show humans fighting aliens? That's beyond their budget - they'll just cancel it instead."
Plus, how many folks were watching the end of the human race/earth overrun or destroyed by Alien/human/alien2 wars ...
Such an uplifting pastime after a nice meal ;)

Back
Top Bottom