Colorization

Eric H

Addicted Member
I picked up the First Season Bewitched DVD set today, this set is available in Color (Colorized) or B&W.

Normally I despise Colorized stuff but that's all they had and I figured I could always turn the color off if desired, man was i surprised!

Obviously Colorization has come a long way since the last time i looked, it was difficult to tell most of the time that this wasn't originally color. No more gray teeth or eyeballs, Endora looked spectacular in her brightly colored outfits! :thmbsp:

Maybe it helps that they have actual color episodes as a reference but so does Gilligans island and the colorized eps of that show don't look nearly as good.

One of the best comments on Colorization I've seen was a cartoon...not sure if it was "The Far Side" or not. Cartoon has a guy standing in front of St Peter at the entrance to Heaven and St Peter is looking up from a large book and says "You colorized Casablanca.....How unfortunate!".....

I bought Absent Minded Professor on a DVD recently (original movie from the 50's) and the DVD was in color...they must have colorized it as I don't remember it orginally being color. Seems like they did a good job.

Back
Top Bottom