Come to Bristol!

Too bad they didn't schedule this about 3weeks/a month from now when the mountains/trees would be in their colorful glory.. You MIGHT need a light windbreaker jacket, or not. Autumn in the hills- Its something EVERYBODY ought experience at least once.... Pretty much makes up for the DREADFUL double nineties-Temp in the nineties, relative humidity up there, too, & the equally awful winters we have. We DON'T, as a rule have much snow, just a lot of rain,& you get to Wade Mud from late October-April.-Noxious grey/green MUD everywhere.

People come from all over. My wife and I met some folks from New Zealand On a shuttle bus a couple of years ago.

A lot the music leans towards bluegrass and "mountain music", there is quite a variety.

Just got back from Bristol. We bicycled each of the two 17-mile halves of the Virginia Creeper Trail on Friday and Saturday mornings before heading for the fest. Both the fest and the Virginia Creeper Trail are pretty close to bucket list items IMO. We probably saw 15-20 acts over 2 days at the fest and I was most impressed with Billy Strings and Love Canon. Also enjoyed Colter Wall, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Jerry Douglas, The Cactus Blossoms, and American Aquarium, among others.

We went there a few years back. This year's is certainly a better lineup than what we saw.

The main drag of Bristol is the dividing line between Tennessee and Virginia. On one side you can drink beer on the other you can't.

Find anything to eat worth writing about?
And there's a "Hole in the Wall"- literally- BBQ restaurant called "The Ridgewood", sort of on the Elizabethton side that is almost unbelievably good. They're open for lunch &dinner. They close at t 2 PM, & open back up at 4. Don't even THINK of getting a table if you sashay in later than 415... you Won't get a seat, & you will almost have to leave the back end of yr Car on the hiway. My Mom was from Betsytown, as they call it, & she said the building its in had been virtually EVERYTHING thru the years.. The food there is almost TOO good to waste on Yankees.. (grin)

Back
Top Bottom