Coming Out..!!

Bill Allan

Its now officially OK to be a McOphile. The Absolute Sound (just on the stands here) says so, so it must be true.
Just in case you haven't seen the review Paul Seydor says "...THESE MCINTOSHES ARE THE MOST COMPLETELY PLEASURABLE ELECTRONICS I'VE USED IN NEARLY FOUR DECADES OF PURSUING HIGH-END AUDIO." He even suggests that its actually a good thing to have tone controls....!!!!!
Its almost a little too over the top but definitely long overdue. I guess I don't have to go to medical school to justify owning the stuff.
Ron-C and the guys must be sky high...!!
Wow!
Bill

I like his speaker wire review of the Home Depot HD-14G wire. Sanity may be returning to audio after all.
Ron-C

There is still some hope I guess.

I subscribe to only one magazine HIFI+ from the UK. In a recent review of a high-end speaker, the reviewer had several high-priced name preamps to swap, including a Hovland (which has garnered some great reviews). Which sounded the best? The Mac C2200, which was the cheapest of all the ones he had at his disposal.

I don't use the Bass/Treble controls, but just love the variable loudness capability. When listening at really low levels to radio (via my MR67) late at night, I find it makes a big improvement.

Darn, there goes the neighborhood. Now everyone will want one. It will become the latest yuppee of gen-x craze. Time to sell it all and buy a crystal radio; at least it probably will be the only 1 on the block :).

Back
Top Bottom