Condiments you swear by....

Also, the Gator Hammock products are excellent, especially their Hog Wallow sauce. Part L&P Worcestershire, part BBQ sauce, part Frank's Hot Sauce. Great for grilling anything.
Another local WNY treat is a hot sauce called Joe the Bear. Like Fank's but thicker more complex, with mustard and spices such as oregano.

I'm adding these to the regular rotation: Presiden't Choice garlic and ginger, and spicy stir-fry oils. Yum.

2905295.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png
2905282.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

I'm adding these to the regular rotation: Presiden't Choice garlic and ginger, and spicy stir-fry oils. Yum.

2905295.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png
2905282.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

Considering their position as a non name-brand offering,I have always liked the Presidents Choice product line.Excellent quality,taste and value.
I'll pick these up for a try with today's groceries.I'm a spicy stir-fry kind of guy.Thanks for the suggestion Dude:)

Considering their position as a non name-brand offering,I have always liked the Presidents Choice product line.Excellent quality,taste and value.
I'll pick these up for a try with today's groceries.I'm a spicy stir-fry kind of guy.Thanks for the suggestion Dude:)

Hey, you're welcome! :) I'd agree that for a no-name store brand, President's Choice has made some very good products. Probably the best store brand there is. Many of their products directly compete with, and sometimes even beat brand name offerings. Although, with as many good products they have made over the years, unfortunately they have discontinued some very good ones as well. But I guess they are always creating, innovating, and changing their selection to keep their offerings from "stagnating" over time. I still want to try their jet black nero di seppia squid ink pasta though. I just might use the leftover water for refilling pens. :p

10068407125_a32e342722_z.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, speaking of another PC (President's Choice) offering that I really like, is their smoked paprika! I love this stuff! It's fantastic for adding to anything where you want to impart a smokey flavor. I've used it in chili, BBQ, soups, and a ton of other savory dishes as well. It's great stuff, and I've found that the PC brand has a quality smoke flavor to it, and it has a deeper red colour (even darker than the picture!) compared to other smoked paprikas I've tried. Just a little word to the wise though: a little goes a LONG way! This is potent stuff! No need to use tablespoons of this stuff at all. Usually a 1/2 teaspoon or teaspoon will be enough to give a dish a nice smokey flavor. Although, I might use more than that for BBQ rubs and whatnot. If you like a smokey taste in certain foods, I'd highly recommend trying some of this stuff. :)

1896419.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

BTW, speaking of another PC (President's Choice) offering that I really like, is their smoked paprika! I love this stuff! It's fantastic for adding to anything where you want to impart a smokey flavor. I've used it in chili, BBQ, soups, and a ton of other savory dishes as well. It's great stuff, and I've found that the PC brand has a quality smoke flavor to it, and it has a deeper red colour (even darker than the picture!) compared to other smoked paprikas I've tried. Just a little word to the wise though: a little goes a LONG way! This is potent stuff! No need to use tablespoons of this stuff at all. Usually a 1/2 teaspoon or teaspoon will be enough to give a dish a nice smokey flavor. Although, I might use more than that for BBQ rubs and whatnot. If you like a smokey taste in certain foods, I'd highly recommend trying some of this stuff. :)

I've never been a big pasta fan,and I can't imagine the fish ink variety will be converting me anytime soon,haha.
On the other hand,that paprika looks interesting.

Here is the one I usually use.Oddly enough,America's Test kitchen gave it a really poor rating when they did a segment on paprika:dunno:

SZEGED%20PAPRIKA,%20HOT%20HUNGARIAN%205OZ.jpg

While on the PC greatest hits list,give this a whirl.Quite nice:)

2328978.png.thumb.420.420.margin.png

I posted previously about an Australian hot sauce named Roza's Inferno. It has never been easy to find in stock on a shelf for example. I always had to rely on particular stores and my most reliable was an organic butcher not far from where I live.

I went there for the first time in years recently and was browsing the shelves. I asked them about Inferno and pointed-out that they used to keep it behind the counter. With that query I saw a lightglobe switch on. Two of them went into the cold storeroom. They emerged holding a bucket. Now by way of explanation, I have been buying Inferno for over 20 years. I usually buy it in 240 ml jars. This bucket they were showing me was at least 2 litres.

I was shocked and overjoyed.

I naturally asked if I could order a bucket. To my delight they said " Of course". This is a photo of my bucket.

IMG_20180512_070659.jpg

Last edited:
Hot sauces: Valentina and Cholula. The garlic Cholula is amazing.

Mayo: gotta be Hellman's/Best Foods. Kraft is awful and miracle whip... Just no. Look up the oatmeal's comic on miracle whip and you'll know my feelings on the subject quite accurately. :D

That Kewpie stuff looks interesting though.

Pickles:Clausen or nothing.

Ketchup: Hunt's is too sweet. Heinz and DelMonte are both acceptable. I don't use the stuff for anything but making homemade fry sauce though.

Hoisin sauce and Sriracha in combination are basically the Asian version of ketchup and go good with many things.

Fish sauce: gotta be red boat. The only one that isn't repulsive to me.

Aji Amarillo is great for adding to dips and sauces. Likewise, canned Chipotle peppers pureed with some of the adobo they come in is a great way to make homemade Chipotle mayo.

My sister got my GF and I a jar of Scottish Wild Garlic Salt last Christmas. Wild Scottish Garlic is like North American Ramps. This salt is so good! We use it in cooking and at the table. I just ordered 2 jars from Amazon so that we don't run out.

138_1109_large.jpg

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom