Congratulations on 17000 posts, Eywadude!

:jump:Congratulations Eywadude:jump:
You were definitely missed
Glad your back!!
:beerchug:

Hey! Thanks, Te-Te! Nice to be back too. It's great seeing you and so many other nice people here on AK. Hopefully I can be here a little more consistently than I have over the last year. Onwards and upwards...hopefully! lol :p

Man, it's been way too long since I've had cheese curds. I had them in poutine a couple times while on vacation in September, but they were on french fries, slathered with gravy. :p Ontario and Québec makes some pretty mean cheese curds too. ;):) I like their "squeakiness". lol :p Unfortunately, there aren't any cheese makers within a close distance that make them, so getting them is a bit difficult. Because as you know, they're always best when they haven't been refrigerated and are at their squeakiest. :biggrin:

Yes, room temperature to start out with, squeakiest, then after they have been opened you refrigerate them. They aren't the same (squeaky) after been in the refrigerator. ;) Those french fries you mentioned sound delicious! :D Finding delicious tasting cheese isn't a problem here in Wisconsin! :p

Yes, room temperature to start out with, squeakiest, then after they have been opened you refrigerate them. They aren't the same (squeaky) after been in the refrigerator. ;) Those french fries you mentioned sound delicious! :D Finding delicious tasting cheese isn't a problem here in Wisconsin! :p

Yeah, refrigerated cheese curds aren't where it's at. Sadly, most of the curds I have ever found here, locally have been refrigerated, so it defeats the purpose. They're still okay, but they're just not the same. I need the squeak. :D

Yeah, refrigerated cheese curds aren't where it's at. Sadly, most of the curds I have ever found here, locally have been refrigerated, so it defeats the purpose. They're still okay, but they're just not the same. I need the squeak. :D

Every July 4th my family has a big celebration at my aunt & uncle's house. My cousin from Atlanta came one year and brought a friend of her's (Southern native). Her friend tried a cheese curd for the first time in her life. I'll always remember that look on her face as she was chewing on a squeaky cheese curd, she didn't like it! :D

Every July 4th my family has a big celebration at my aunt & uncle's house. My cousin from Atlanta came one year and brought a friend of her's (Southern native). Her friend tried a cheese curd for the first time in her life. I'll always remember that look on her face as she was chewing on a squeaky cheese curd, she didn't like it! :D

Ha! Squeaky cheese curds for the win! More for you then! :D

Back
Top Bottom