Congratulations to all for a job well done

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
I must send out a personal thank you to Grumpy for all his hard work setting up AKFest04. I believe you will all agree that it was a resounding success. A very big thank you for all the members that attended. Without you there would not have been an AKFest or Audiokarma.org. As I said at the meet, you are Audiokarma and I'm glad I'm a part of this group of people.

I had a fantastic time and while tired, it was all worth it. It was nice to finally meet so many of you and put a face to a name. Then there was the gear which was fabulous. Thanks to all the vendors that took the time and effort haul gear out for us to enjoy. I would be remiss if I didn't single out BrianB of Venus Hi-Fi His selfless dedication to this board and it's members is truly remarkable. If you didn't know, Brian did not make it to the hotel until 2AM and didn't finish setting up until 6am. Yet, with only 3 hours of sleep had one of the best rooms at the event. His smiling face and enthusiasm were always present. THANK YOU BRIAN.

And we all made it home safe and sound :)

I was certainly glad to meet everyone, and had a BLAST! It was great to meet the faces that we've been all talking with over this past year and 8 months (that's it???). I think that by getting together, meeting, and having fun as a gang, we've managed to make our friendships that much stronger.

Boy, did the time go by FAST! Thanks to everyone that came, you truly made the event a success :)

I had an absolutely great time. Thanks again to Grumpy for making this happen. Meeting up with everyone absolutely convinced me of the great Karma that floats through this site.

And as an added bonus, Echowars helped me fix my Foreplay, mount my V15 on my Dual 1229 and showed some tricks in the soldering/troubleshooting arena.

And as an added bonus, Echowars helped me fix my Foreplay, mount my V15 on my Dual 1229 and showed some tricks in the soldering/troubleshooting arena.

and whos reciever was he fixing too? we might as well just send him another plaque for next years member of the year too lol. i dunno what chicken wings you guys had but they must have been really somthin cos im reading more about the wings than anything else :p:

I forgot to mention he was a great friend to my son, fixed me & my wife a lovely Sunday dinner, waxed my car, and showed me how I could save $3,000.00 on my taxes without going to jail.

Echowars helped me fix my Foreplay

Jez, Glenn even on "your big day" they were hitting you up for help! I'll be honest, before your nomination I wasn't that familar with you because we hang out in different forums but having read some of your posts and speaking with a few of the regulars it's obvious why you were our "Member of the Year". MikE

Hi guys...looks like a great time was had by all.

Wish I could have been there, maybe next time.

thanks for the comments and all the pics to look at :D (even if that one guy was sleeping in the corner) ;)

Originally posted by Wardsweb
I would be remiss if I didn't single out BrianB of Venus Hi-Fi His selfless dedication to this board and it's members is truly remarkable. If you didn't know, Brian did not make it to the hotel until 2AM and didn't finish setting up until 6am. Yet, with only 3 hours of sleep had one of the best rooms at the event. His smiling face and enthusiasm were always present. THANK YOU BRIAN.

Thanks for the kind words, Wardsweb! Of course, I knew what I was getting into when I signed up for the event, and I must say that it was well worth the effort. Not only did I get to meet a number of fellow AKers for the first time (we've got a FANTASTIC membership here!), but I was also able to show off a number of new and relatively exotic audio components (Almarro, Cain & Cain, Yamamoto Sound Craft) to a very receptive audience.

In other words, the pleasure was mine!

P.S.

Hey, Wardsweb - when are we all going to have the pleasure of viewing some of those fabulous photos that you took at the show? :)

Guys

The Ms and I sure enjoyed ourselves. It was our pleasure.

Any one up for another fest in the future ?

ANOTHER FEST SWEET

Yes l'm ready and the next time able.:D

To show our appreciation l believe the Grumpster should be appointed the "Grand AudioFest Organizer". :D Oh this appointment is for a term of for-ever.:eek:

We shouldn't insult Grumpy by offering something crass such as money.:p: Myself l plan to give Free Storage and unlimited advice in the field of relationships.

Now some may ask what makes me an expert when it comes to the opposite sex.( My wife would be first in line here). Two points.

1. A wise man once stated "l've learned far more from my failures than successes".
2. Based on the above principal and the fact l have been turned down; rejected; ignored etc by my wife approximately 10000 times in the past 30 years; l should be a genius in the relationship field by now.:p: :D :D

Back
Top Bottom