Connecting a second receiver

qguy

The objective is to connect a second receiver to an existing receiver to have 2 receivers using 2 speakers using a single source.

Can I use an RCA and connect it to one of the TAPE out and connect the other end to a second receiver? If this works, will the first receiver with the connected source needs to be ON for the second receiver to work ?

Yes. Each receiver's volume level must be set independently, though. As long as your goal isn't one master volume control, that will work. Better anyway, since different receivers with different speakers will play at different volumes.

If this works, will the first receiver with the connected source needs to be ON for the second receiver to work ?
That depends. if the receiver's switching is done electrically, I'd say most likely.

But, I had a Marantz 2270 that would send a signal to the tape out when it was off. This was handy when recording CD's to cassettes. Of course, input selection was done through a simple rotary switch that required no power to operate.

The first does not have to be on for second to work. Passes straight through as if just a wire. Turn down volume controls first.

The objective is to connect a second receiver to an existing receiver to have 2 receivers using 2 speakers using a single source.

Can I use an RCA and connect it to one of the TAPE out and connect the other end to a second receiver? If this works, will the first receiver with the connected source needs to be ON for the second receiver to work ?

qguy, Tape Out to Aux works. Like the skipper said, the first receiver may or may not have to be on. It totally depends upon that first receiver.

Now, the problem with two receivers and two sets of speakers all playing at the same time is phase/polarity. That is, you have a 50-50 chance that ALL speaker cones are moving in the same direction at the same time. So once hooked up, you need to run a test.

Regards,
Jerry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom