Connecting a turntable to home theatre system

Yeah, the problem is the receiver itself. It only has the one audio input, which I think is really meant for ipods and other mp3 players...like I said, the sound isn't entirely horrible (to my tone-deaf ears, anyway).

if you're really tone deaf, was this thread really necessary...? :scratch2:

i'll repeat my earlier post and add this one also includes the stereo 1/8" (like the ipods connector) to rca adapter cable and a regular rca to rca cable so it would be a plug and play device.

I did buy a preamp, so that the tt isn't running directly to the receiver. In the example you gave, they include a mini-plug adapter, which seems to be a y-cord. I couldn't connect the marantz to the new receiver because there really is only that one input (the others are for tv inputs; I'm using an HDMI for that). I do appreciate all your ideas and in my opinion the thread wasn't a waste. Sorry if it seemed that way to you.

I did buy a preamp, so that the tt isn't running directly to the receiver. In the example you gave, they include a mini-plug adapter, which seems to be a y-cord. I couldn't connect the marantz to the new receiver because there really is only that one input (the others are for tv inputs; I'm using an HDMI for that). I do appreciate all your ideas and in my opinion the thread wasn't a waste. Sorry if it seemed that way to you.

that was not a 'y-cord'!
it's a 1/8" stereo (2 channel (aka stereo), 3 conductor) plug/cable which terminates into two rca plugs, one for the right channel, one for the left channel, aka stereo.

i do hope it's working out for you.

that was not a 'y-cord'!
it's a 1/8" stereo (2 channel (aka stereo), 3 conductor) plug/cable which terminates into two rca plugs, one for the right channel, one for the left channel, aka stereo.

i do hope it's working out for you.

The packaging for my "y-cord" reads: "1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo plug to two phono plugs *24 kt gold-plated connectors for best signal transfer. " I have plugged one into the right channel and the other into the left channel of my turntable. The single plug plugs into the lone audio input of my receiver.

And yes, it is working out for me; Bark at the Moon was blaring for halloween.

The packaging for my "y-cord" reads: "1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo plug to two phono plugs *24 kt gold-plated connectors for best signal transfer. " I have plugged one into the right channel and the other into the left channel of my turntable. The single plug plugs into the lone audio input of my receiver.

And yes, it is working out for me; Bark at the Moon was blaring for halloween.
it only looks like a 'y-cord'.
the usual 'y-cord' would have a single mono rca, etc plug or jack terminating into 2 mono rca, etc plugs or jacks, good for splitting a single audio channel into 2 ~identical single audio channels.

Back
Top Bottom