1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Connecting speakers to Eico 3070

Discussion in 'Eico Place' started by jkeeler, Jun 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jkeeler

jkeeler New Member

Hello,

I have a question. I found an Eico 3070, bought it, deoxit-ed it. It works great with head phones. My question is "how do I hook speakers to this thing"? It just says "main" "ground", "remote" "ground"-Just not the usual positive/negative RC jacks.

I know this is a silly question but I have never hooked speakers to an amp like this and I don't want to short anything out.

Thank you,
    Justin

Please register to disable this ad.

2. jcamero

jcamero Who are you people anyway? Subscriber

"Main" is your speakers. This is positive out. "Ground" is ground out. Left channel is top strip of terminals, right is the bottom. "Remote" would be, "B" speakers if the amp was marked A/B. So use "Main" and "Ground", they are the terminals on the right side of the strips, (if divided in the middle).

3. jkeeler

jkeeler New Member

Thank you! I guess my real question is if the ground would be the negative out?

4. jcamero

jcamero Who are you people anyway? Subscriber

Yes!

maxhifi likes this.
  5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom AK Subscriber Subscriber

In pictures, those connectors looks so/close together, I'd be afraid of shorting out the amp if the speaker wires touched. Is that concern of mine as bad as it looks to me??

6. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

Please register to disable this ad.

7. maxhifi

maxhifi AK Subscriber Subscriber

Use crimp on forks. Don't risk shorting it out, this amp has no protection at all against shorts, it will burn out the transistors if you do. Ask me how I know this :)

th.jpg