Contest On AK

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Lets run a contest here on Audiokarma. What I am looking for is suggestion on how to choose a winner. Lay some suggestions on me and you may even win a prize to boot :)

Thanks
Grumpy

Write my name on 25 scraps of paper, throw them in a hat and randomly pick out the winner...:angel:

Well if you run a contest and someone wins, pick them as the winner.:confused:

+1. I guess I don't understand the question. Is it going to be a random drawing and you're looking for an interesting or convenient way to do that, or are you looking for a good idea for a contest?

I once won a stereo from a local radio station for having the Most Decrepit Stereo. I bet there's plenty of material around here for that. :beerchug:

Assume a bunch of curious or nosy people will reply to this thread. Pick an arbitrary cutoff time and then put everyone's name in a hat and pick the winner.

Let this be the contest. Everyone that responds is entered. Have a drawing. The winner gets a new set of Pass Labs Mono Blocks! Sounds like a deal.

Will Grumpy come to set them up? Maybe that's asking a lot.

How about something like a poll, where members make suggestions for [___fill in the blank___], all the ideas are compiled into a list, and everyone votes to determine the most popular. It could be a list of candidates for the funniest AKer, changes to AK (oops more work for the admins!), the best thread of the month, most sadly missed member who has stopped posting, the biggest putz, most elegant defense of Soundesign...you get the idea. Depending on how you structure it, either the member who nominated the winner, or the member who is the subject of it, would win a prize.

I hope I could be the biggest putz! :thumbsup:

In radio we would say 'caller number 7'. Let's try, "post number 42 you are a winner of a single ticket to see Justin Bieber in San Diego..."

Or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom