Contribute button?

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by audiojones, Oct 2, 2017.

1. audiojones

audiojones Jonesin' for audio Subscriber

Ok, so maybe I'm being a little dense here but what ever happened to the contribute button? I wanted to pay it forward with a donation to AK for some parts that an AK'er sent my way but for the life of me I can't find the contribute button. Is it right in front of me and I'm just not seeing it?

2. merkin muffley

merkin muffley AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nope, the docs say that there's a contribute button at the top right of the Home page to access Barter Town, but it is not there!

3. Wildcat

Wildcat Spring ain't here... Subscriber

@audiojones @merkin muffley

It is called "Subscribe" now, and it is indeed on the forum home page, underneath your member info. I would think that "donate" or "contribute" might run afoul of PayPal's terms and conditions. (For example, they consider "donate" to be for a non-profit organization.) I hope that is what you're looking for.

upload_2017-10-30_21-4-35.png

The same function should be found through your user menu, under Account Upgrades:

upload_2017-10-30_21-9-0.png

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

If you haven't subscribed yet, there should be a "purchase" button. Here is a screenshot from another Xenforo community I am admin for (I use a different theme over there):

upload_2017-10-30_21-10-37.png

If you have already subscribed, you cannot repurchase until the membership expires. In which case, my AK upgrades page looks like this:

upload_2017-10-30_21-11-23.png

Attached Files:

4. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

You can use this email address in your Paypal and post what the payment is for in the PP comment box. This is what Grumpy uses for auctions for AK, and Charities though the holidays.

sales@audiokarma.org

kirkendoll likes this.
  5. merkin muffley

merkin muffley AK Subscriber Subscriber

I did figure it out eventually, and managed to score a Marantz scope tuner, which is what I was hoping for. Thanks!

Wildcat likes this.