"Control-power" input/output

gdubois

Hello all. I have a fisher ca-2220 with dual control-power input/outputs. My guess is that this feature would be for a dedicated external eq, but I'm having trouble finding info about it. Seems as though there are no owners manuals pdf's online for any of the other fisher amps I've seen with this feature (including mine). Looking for a little enlightenment any info is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_152431.jpg
    IMG_20180821_152431.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 15
Nothing special about that. It's just FISHER's designation for L&R PRE-OUT to Main Amp input.Pull the Jumpers and you can change to a plain amp, or another receiver with a better amp, using the FISHER's Controls, or use another preamp into the FISHER's Amp. EQUALIZER input and output's go into the Tape Monitor loops. The "PRE-OUT / MAIN-IN" jacks are prevalent on most higher ended integrated's and receivers. So you can mix and match amps with preamps.

Larry

Ah, so they've labeled pre-outs as "control power" got it. Could be useful as I've compiled quite a few speakers and would have the option of bridging and switching as you mentioned. It's too bad they didn't implement 2 outputs to run studio monitors (assuming that would be OK), but I'm guessing it would be fine to run a powered sub through the output. Thanks for the help in my quest for audio knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom