Convert between .ogg and .mp3

Nick_the_'Nole

I use iTunes, which won't support ogg files, yet I have a good number of ogg files from various indie band sites that use that format instead of mp3. Google turns up plenty of crappy shareware converter programs, but most of them keep trying to install Windows Media Player 9 in order to work. I spent too much time ripping that POS out of Windows, so I'm not gonna put it back. Can anyone recommend a decent program that will simply convert between .ogg and .mp3 without having to go through all sorts of extraneous crap?

I use dbPoweramp, it does mp3 on it's trial run but then you have to pay for the mp3 part after the trial. The best, the license is worth the 14.

Carl

Cool, thanks, Foobar worked great. I'd tried dbPoweramp but for some reason it didn't want to work right, wouldn't recognize the OGG files. Whatever, it's all taken care of now...

:thmbsp:

They have a separate page with every codec for any compression there is.
The registered will download it automatically, the trial you have to do yourself.

Carl

I like Cheetah Audio Converter and it's also freeware. Will convert just about anything you can think of.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom