Converting a Fisher X-10 to Bozak B-401 Rhapsody

Hey Treyphan,

Don't sweat your l-pad wire lengths. If it was measured in feet, then yes. But your runs are on the very short side.

There are many ways to play with the tweeters. I found that with the l-pad, in my smaller 12x14 living room, being able to attenuate them handled most of my issues. Mostly because I could finally HEAR them. You can add a coupla washers on the bottom mounting screws of the tweeters themselves and tilt them up a bit. You can also add an inductor to the B200Y tweeters and cut them off around 8 to 9k. Then add a super tweeter up on top to carry things up.

I can say from experience that mounting them in a small cabinet sitting on top of the main cabinet is the best. But it can get expensive, and it's a fair amount of work. I picked up a pair of Frazier Midgets and rebuilt them to house a pair of SEAS T25 soft dome tweeters. I crossed these over at 2500hz, they go all the way up. I generally don't use Bozak tweeters in my setups, they're the only weak point of the system. This is only because they start to die and leave the game altogether at around 10 to 12k.

BozakNewB302A-020.jpg

BozakNewB302A-021.jpg

BozakNewB302A-022.jpg

BozakNewB302A-023.jpg

BozakNewB302A-024.jpg

BozakNewB302A-027.jpg

BozakNewB302A-028.jpg

Biggles

Boggles, your midgets are beautiful. Beautiful. What do you drive them with and how does a non-tube int amp work with them. Thank you

Boggles, your midgets are beautiful. Beautiful. What do you drive them with and how does a non-tube int amp work with them. Thank you

Heh, uh, Midgets house new SEAS tweeters. I run them as external tweeters for any occasion. I drive my Bozaks with any damn rig i want to. So far, nothing sucks. Some sound better than others. Tube, SS, receivers, integrateds, separates, its all good. I use a 20 watt Nikko receiver, GAS Grandson power amp & GAS Thalia preamp, and lately a pair of de Havilland 50A monoblocks. I dont need anything over 40 watts.

Biggles

Back
Top Bottom