Converting FLAC 24bits/192khz to Wav keeping same parameters

JCTroncoso

Hi there! Greetings form Poland.

I recently purchased the new Marantz CD player 6006. Now I realize that even though it has a DAC capable of reading 24bits/192Khz audio files, it doesn't read FLAC. So the question is is it possible to convert the FLAC to Wav keeping the same hi res audio parameters? Do you recommend any audio converter that will be able to do this so I can download it?

Bes regards,

JC Troncoso

Flac and wav are both lossless so i see no problem's with converting from flac to wav.
I use helium audio converter. It's easier to use than exact audio coppy and does a great job.
Hope this help's

boza

Flac and wav are both lossless so i see no problem's with converting from flac to wav.
I use helium audio converter. It's easier to use than exact audio coppy and does a great job.
Hope this help's

boza
Well, thank you. The thing is if Wav will be same quality of Flac? I mean 24bits/192khz. I tried to do it very easily with a flac sample on VLC but the result was a normal CD Wav with 16bits/44khz

I use dbPoweramp to transcode digital formats. It's also a great CD ripper.

After downloading the manual to your Marantz player, however, it appears there are limits to what can be played. Refer to page 57.

View attachment 1142148
Great E-Stat....now I got concerned. I wrote to Marantz to tell me which kind of hi res audio file will de DAC be able to read and play. Or If they are just giving more of the crap marketing selling a thing that actually will not be playing up to 24bits/192khz as they say.

It has a USB port so can you plug a PC into it? The reason being the PC could do the conversion while playing without the need to actually convert the file.
Hi, it is an option that I didn't think of...although when the audio signal of the laptop will go to the USB...will it play 24bits/192khz? Thanks :)

Well, thank you. The thing is if Wav will be same quality of Flac? I mean 24bits/192khz. I tried to do it very easily with a flac sample on VLC but the result was a normal CD Wav with 16bits/44khz
It appears that 48/16 is the highest resolution it supports - regardless of format. The sales pitch of using the Cirrus 24 bit DAC chip is misleading.

WHi, it is an option that I didn't think of...although when the audio signal of the laptop will go to the USB...will it play 24bits/192khz?
No. Back up to page 56 in the manual using the link I provided in post # 4. There you'll find the same chart presented - less WAV. USB support is for lossy 320 kbps content only.

It appears that 48/16 is the highest resolution it supports - regardless of format. The sales pitch of using the Cirrus 24 bit DAC chip is misleading.

No. Back up to page 56 in the manual using the link I provided in post # 4. There you'll find the same chart presented - less WAV. USB support is for lossy 320 kbps content only.

Thank you for the info. Well, I think I took the bait. It pisses me off when companies give you a misleading info. In general, common people, don't look under the carpet to find the dirt because it shouldn't be. Period!

I will wait to see what Marantz will reply.

Yes, you can convert FLAC to WAV with perfect lossless resolution.

If you are on Mac, Switch is a good free converter, although you have to click on a "not for commercial use" button each time you open it.

If you are on PC, there are many converters available for free.

Happy listening! To Chopin? ;)

Yes, you can convert FLAC to WAV with perfect lossless resolution.

If you are on Mac, Switch is a good free converter, although you have to click on a "not for commercial use" button each time you open it.

If you are on PC, there are many converters available for free.

Happy listening! To Chopin? ;)
Thank YOU! Well I'm not on Mac. Do you know any good for Windows? YES! Chopin on top of the list :) Also Stanko, Komeda, Kilar, Penderecki and many more ;)

Back
Top Bottom