'Cool' vintage CD player/transport?

If you're looking for a conversation piece in your entertainment room, then I would suggest having a silver-faced receiver from the 70's. My friends'/guests' almost always ask about it, but seem to care less about the black components.

I didn't notice anything 'silver' in your signature.

The Phase Linear is silver faced, but so far, I think people are most interested just in the fact that I can play physical media and that I am not just streaming through some Bluetooth speaker. I don't doubt having a nice set of silver faced components would spice things up a bit though.

I still use one of these, (JVC XL-V151): An oldy but a goody.

Attachments

• XL-V151.jpg
    XL-V151.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 9
If you want something as beautiful as it sounds then nothing beats the extremely difficult to find Dynaco CD players ,the CDV-1, CDV-2 and CDV-pro are glorious sounding tube output stage CD/HDCD players with an asthetically pleasing tube viewing window that looks better in the rack than my brand new current $5,000 McIntosh MCD-550 ,in 40 years of high end it's the sexiest CD player I've seen ,at under a grand it's a steal and a beautiful piece of gear .
Screenshot_2019-02-28-20-42-18.png

Sony dvp s7700 or its earlier incarnation the DVP s7000. Great sounding player with a cool motorized panel that opens up when you insert or eject a CD. Very bachelor pad.

Back
Top Bottom